My Realistic Arcade Bezels

Yeah but I liked curved screens. I use crt geom. It makes it look more like the arcade monitor.

Do you know why bezels get dimmer looking on Retroarch?

:man_shrugging: Don’t know, not on my side (mame artwork RA vs MAME standalone)
Unfortunately i can’t test it as video layout since my graphics card doesn’t work with this feature.

And i love curvature too :+1: I am using gtu-v050 in combination with crt-easymode-halation and image-adjustment

Hmm… I’ll have to see what’s going on.

I’ll have to try that combination.

You’re not going to like it :joy:
I played Final Fantasy 4 and 6 on a old TV with blurry and greenish colors and i tried to match this as close as possible

Here is a realistic Arcade bezel for the game Ikari III: The Rescue for use on Mame.

You can download it here - https://bit.ly/2qRSrT4

3 Likes

Here’s a Tutorial on how to add my Realistic Arcade Bezels to Retroarch

So I just found out that in the overlay options you can choose to see the overlay when the UI is on. Which is awesome. It turns out it’s in the overlay options but “hide overlay in menu” was on by default.

There’s still a problem though. The overlay opacity effects the overlay at all times. So if you lower the opacity it stays that way even when you get out of the UI and the opacity needs to be lowered a lot to read the UI menu. It’s still nice they included that option. There’s so much to discover in Retroarch.

5 Likes

:rofl:

I think I get the nostalgia. I used to have a TV with terrible convergence and I always add a little bit of it to my NES presets

2 Likes

This is a Sega Naomi Arcade Candy Cab bezel made for Retroarch. I’ve included Dark Mode in this bezel.

You can download them here - https://bit.ly/2oGMlnS

3 Likes

This is a Sammy Atomiswave Arcade Candy Cab bezel made for Retroarch. I’ve included Dark Mode in this bezel.

You can download them here - https://bit.ly/2JJpmA4

3 Likes

This is a continuation of my previous tutorial on adding my realistic arcade bezels to Retroarch

4 Likes

I use RA for every system, except for MAME. I got curious as you said that MAME RA core runs better than standalone. Maybe its time for me to move on to the MAME core.

Love the idea of porting your creations to RA and the fact that the screen position and X/Y are saved per game, the configuration of your bezels will be seamless. Thanks for your hard work Orion :slight_smile:

For the multiple core thingy, I feel your pain; there is now a way of saving configuration per folder, so even if two systems use the same core, you can differenciate their settings in that way (if the roms are placed in different folders). When I configured my RA stuff some years ago, that was not implemented so I had to copy and rename the core, and copy and rename its info file, to emulate like a second different core.

About the key configuration; have you tried the “Save Core Remap File” or “Save Game Remap File”?

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. No I have not. Tell me more?

On that same screen you bind the buttons, there are three options, save core remap file, save content directory remap file, and save game remap file. Because the key bindings are not tied to the regular overrides, if you make a change in a core, a platform or a game away from the default config RA provides, you need to select that option and it will generate a remap file, that will be read on each core, platform or game launch (depending on what you saved).

You can check those options in your video in the 29:16 mark.

I feel kinda bad in an a**hole-ish kinda way for making these interjections, as you have worked hard enough on the bezels and videos, and it’s like I am trying to correct your sayings; I know that you know I mean well, but just wanted to say it nevertheless :slight_smile:

1 Like

very nice work man thanks

Thank you! That worked! No don’t feel that way. I’m open to help. I’m no expert. I’m learning as I go along. :blush:

Hi. Is there an un to date collection of your great bezels?

1 Like

Check in my descriptions for my youtube videos. The realistic arcade bezel collection for Mame was recently updated. I need to add the very recent ones though from the this month and last month. Meanwhile I’m in the middle of converting my realistic arcade bezels for Retroarch. Which I’ll release in a pack soon. I probably won’t be making them for regular mame anymore because frankly it’s not very good for my kind of bezels. Retroarch with the Mame core though is perfect.

3 Likes

And I can only thank you in advance for this.

P.S. I see various links in your video descriptions. Unfortunately my workplace firewall blocks access to almost everything that has the word “game” in it (libretro survives, I hope they neve notice…) so I can’t check them.

Could you please tell me which is the one pointing to the MAME collection?

1 Like

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game Punch-Out!! for use on Retroarch.

This overlay is coming soon on my Arcade Retroarch Pack. Stay tuned!

4 Likes

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game Space Invaders for use on Retroarch.

This overlay is coming soon on my Arcade Retroarch Pack. Stay tuned!

4 Likes