My Realistic Arcade Bezels

How are the bezels with reflections unloaded? I don’t see links or anything.

@HyperspaceMadness is the reflection expert. He knows the ins and outs of it.

1 Like

I mean your arcade bezels with reflection, how do they discharge?

I think @akuma22 is asking where he can download the graphics…

2 Likes

Yes, I don’t see any links

Oh, they’re not yet available but hopefully soon I’ll be able to release it in a downloadable pack.

1 Like

ok, I’ll wait then :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

@Orionsangel -> thank you very much for your work ! one question, which version of HSM reflection shader are you using ? I downloaded your recent golden Axe Bezel with HyperspaceMadness’s Reflection Shader pack. Out of the box the overlay ist displayed at once but no bezel. I checked your Retroarch\config\Genesis Plus GX\Golden Axe.slangp … for example 2nd line in your config (i double checked all file paths ) : shader0 = “…/…/shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/shaders/HyperspaceMadness/hsm-prep-initial.slang” , somehow this .slang its not available for me … i downloaded the most recent HSM reflection shaders… any idea ?

I’m glad you like my bezels. It’s the original version. I’m not as tech savvy as the other bezel makers here. I don’t know the inside and outside of how these shaders work. So I’m not going to pretend to know. I just make the bezels and add the shader the best I know how. Ask the other members here of the forum. They would be much more qualified than I am to answer your questions.

4 Likes

thanks for the reply, I will go and do some research. seems like the shader was updated to a point where your slang config is not valid anymore…

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! I am impressed with your work. That gives a new and pleasurable experience for those who love the retro games universe. I am sure that we will still see many other magnificent works here. Congrats, @Orionsangel

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!! Unfortunately, my Retroarch was unable to apply the “vr.slangp” preset.

I noticed that “vr.slangp” file mentions some “.slang” files that I don’t have, since those that are not in the last HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! package ( HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlJgyN_LYasyoIxcS8s6B2gH947dQg?e=1M2dzs ).

Missing files: /hsm-prep-initial.slang /hsm-grade/hsm-grade.slang /hsm-curvature-mapping.slang /hsm-mega-bezel-reflection-reflection-only.slang

I also noticed I don’t have the file “/textures/lut/other1.png” Although in the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! package it has the “/textures/lut/other1_32.png”

I guess I need a new “Baked_Frame_Carbonfiber_Background.png” file, considering the unique shape of the bezel (That’s not a square shape).

I’ll be very glad to use this combo HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! + Orionsangels Realistic Arcade Bezels + Sega Virtua Racing.

1 Like

This could explain why the newer shaders don’t work for me and why I continue to use the older version. I would have to manually reset and adjust every single bezel I use to use the newer HSM shader. I don’t have the time on my schedule.

Could you be so kind as to share your folder with the shaders, or say where I can download the old version?

1 Like

It’s not really that shape. The bezel’s frame is that shape. The bezel is laid over the HSM shader frame giving the illusion that it’s that shape.

2 Likes

I believe you can download the old version from @HyperspaceMadness GitHub.

1 Like

Here is an update to my Realistic Arcade Bezel for Shinobi for use with Retroarch and MAME

7 Likes

Here is a Realistic Arcade Bezel for Strider for use with Retroarch. It uses the @HyperspaceMadness Reflective Shader.

6 Likes

Here is a Realistic Bezel for The Punisher Arcade game for use with Retroarch. uses the @HyperspaceMadness Reflective Shader. The Instruction Card is by @ArsInvictus

6 Likes