New CRT shader from Guest + CRT Guest Advanced updates

ok i willl try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guest as well as very good you are very kind, I will try them as soon as possible, thank you very much.

2 Likes

Before even modifying some parameters, try to use the slotmask mitigation feature, you have to change the last value from 0 to 1

1 Like

Here’s a test with your NTSC preset and some of my small modifications, as soon as I have time I’ll study your presets better, thank you very much.

3 Likes

Here is a screenie of a standard version ‘hd’ preset:

I’m quite pleased with it, at least with Castlevania PSX.

7 Likes

it’s wonderful ! You’re a wizard, it’s crazy what your job can do. Thank you

1 Like

i tried but no real difference… i think it’s more about the gamma… and some other stuff… after the waouh effect i think the glow is too strong for my taste… so i prefer my “modern” looking preset even if you result has some better improvment… specially about the slotmask i guess. (i’m a noob) your preset

1 Like

Interesting look. I generally like it sharper, but I’m also warming up to no scanlines and just mask in certain situations.

2 Likes

this is the compare between my preset and the actual we are speaking. certainy mine is less accurate but more charming eyes :wink:

1 Like

You could do one last test with that preset, raising the color temperature, and halving the Bloom and Glow values. Here is the result

2 Likes

i will try tomorrow… it’s late. thank you for all your help

this is my preset

4 Likes

really the result of the mask is awesome… jsut not enought punchy for my taste about color :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your preset is not bad, but I prefer to try to calibrate the guest ones, and maybe I’m on the right track. Tomorrow I await your feedback on these settings. If you want you can also try the color temperature at - 30.00. Not at all, I do it with pleasure.

not have time at the moment :slight_smile:

@guest.r do you think you can have a punchy preset? (a mix between mine and robmark85)

My preset is just your shader guest advanced + xbr2 standalone on second pass. (and i activated the glow setting)

My dream would it be to have the scanline a little bit more discret… (on robmark85 preset, the scanline is very discret… and i like it … the result is thin and accurate)

2 Likes

If it could have less sheen and punchier colors for me, it would be the ultimate shader. I’m also looking into it but I can’t find a solution :frowning:

If @guest could help me and @ckf92 it would be a saint. Naturally avoiding to put the xbr2 shader, given that the preset is perfect even without it, the only flaw is the lack of impact and perhaps an excessive magical halo

1 Like

Just se the “Scanline type” to -1.0. There are a lot of scanline paratemers for fine tuning, but this should do for a start.

3 Likes

I’m trying to figure it out on my own but I’m having trouble finding a correct path

1 Like

Hi, I ask you for a big favor: I did some tests with my cell phone, but I’d like feedback from the screen, and I won’t be home before the weekend. Try taking the Guest preset you tried, and change these settings to these values:

1. Color temperature : -55.000
  2. Gamma Input 2.40
  3. Gamma output 2.40
  4. Bloom distribution 1.0
  5. Gamma Correct 1.00
  6. Horizontal Sharpness 3.20
  7. Substractive Sharpness 80
1 Like