RetroGames4K's Mega Bezel screen pics, gameplays & custom settings

2 Likes

I seem to be running into errors while trying to use these shaders. I have put them into the shaders directory but get errors when trying to load.

1 Like

Make sure you are using latest mega bezel, latest retroarch, also make sure you have the latest CRT Guest advanced shaders. Also make sure is inside this directory C:\RetroArch-WIn64\shaders.

I made sure to pull the latest versions of them all. The Arcade one seems to load fine, it’s the Nintendo 64 file specifically that errors out - is it because there is no 1080P version of the N64 file yet?

We can only make a wild guess without looking at a log. Could you please post a log so we can see the error?

1 Like

For N64 there’s only 4K. I’m still updating though. It’s just a matter of time. I just added a few days ago a 1080p tested on Mame.

2 Likes

This wouldn’t cause a shader to crash. Shader presets don’t determine or require a specific resolution to run even though different settings might look better at different resolutions.

Gotcha! Okay I’ll use the Arcade one for now, I’ve really been enjoying it. Thanks for all your hard work :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

Hey @RetroGames4K,

What is the correct resolution to play with this quality shown? When I click on the image it gets bigger than 4k, but they are prettier when they appear in the post.

2 Likes

This 4K setting is more recent, it’s not yet in my download section. I want to make sure it looks ok before posting. I hope I can upload it soon and I will notify it. About that gets bigger I don’t know what you mean, the image is in 4K if you are watching it from a 1080p screen maybe is going to look a bit off, and you have to zoom in, until it looks ok.

1 Like

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Wonderboy never looked so good!! Great work!!

1 Like

Thank you!!!:grinning:. I think this one is going to be a release candidate for 4K. I’ll make a few screenshots with other games and see how they look. And then I’ll post my settings.

2 Likes

3 Likes

@RetroGames4K I’m having some trouble loading your latest Mega Drive and N64 presets.

Here’s an excerpt of the errors from the log:

[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader: "C:\Retroarch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\base\combine-passes.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #50.
[INFO] [Vulkan filter chain]: Creating framebuffer 512x512 (max 1 level(s)).
[ERROR] [slang]: Unknown semantic found.
[ERROR] [slang]: Failed to reflect SPIR-V. Resource usage is inconsistent with expectations.
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create preset: "C:\Retroarch\shaders\RetroGames4K_Sanyo CE1AT08-C_Mega Drive.slangp".
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create filter chain: "C:\Retroarch\shaders\RetroGames4K_Sanyo CE1AT08-C_Mega Drive.slangp". Falling back to stock.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader: "C:\Retroarch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\guest\extras\hsm-drez-none.slang".

[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader: "C:\Retroarch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\base\reflection.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R16G16B16A16_SFLOAT for pass output #49.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader: "C:\Retroarch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\base\combine-passes.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #50.
[ERROR] [slang]: Unknown semantic found.
[ERROR] [slang]: Failed to reflect SPIR-V. Resource usage is inconsistent with expectations.
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create preset: "C:\Retroarch\shaders\RetroGames4K_Sanyo CE1AT08-C_Nintendo64.slangp".
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create filter chain: "C:\Retroarch\shaders\RetroGames4K_Sanyo CE1AT08-C_Nintendo64.slangp". Falling back to stock.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader: "C:\Retroarch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\guest\extras\hsm-drez-none.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_SRGB for pass output #0.

Any reason why you’re using Full Presets for these and not Simple Presets?

1 Like

I made Full presets because simple presets tend to brake if you keep tweaking and saving many times, and was annoying every time it broke, I had to start again. Don’t worry I’ll share my simple presets here and see if they work, hold on! :sweat_smile:

1 Like