RetroGames4K's Mega Bezel screen pics, gameplays & custom settings

I have a doubt if you can help me I would be immensely grateful, regarding the use of a 4K TV with Retroarch using a PC, I currently have an RTX 4090 and a 48" LG C1 120Hz OLED TV, but I am always in doubt about the settings to obtain the most fluid image possible without stuttering, this TV has G-Sync which is activated in the Retroarch menu , but I see that many activate the V-SYNC option, these people who activate the Vsync are because they don’t use monitors or TV’s that have Gsync with higher Hz rate like 120~165~200Hz etc… ? Would you be able to inform about this? How do you use your retroarch VIDEO and LATENCY configuration with your monitor (for games with Super Nintendo / Mega Drive / Vertical and Horizontal Arcade, among others)?

2 Likes

I use retroarch with vulkan, and other settings are by default, I don’t use G-sync. I have got an RX 6800XT, and I don’t use free sync with it just use 60hz and VSYNC ON. I use mega bezel and CRT Guest Advanced NTSC for the shaders.

This is what has worked for me.

Generally you would

Enable Sync To Content Refresh Rate.
Disable Sync To Monitor Refresh Rate (V-Sync), 
Disable Auto Frame Delay and set Frame Delay to 0

Setup Run-Ahead or Preemptive Frames based on how you normally should based on the official guidelines.

This should work fine for some cores while others might be choppy or show inconsistent frame rates.

For those you might need to set Sync To Monitor Refresh Rate (V-Sync) On.

Save a Core Specific Override for each Core you setup.

You also have to make sure your TV is configured correctly for lowest latency. HDMI input labelled as PC, HDMI Ultra Deep Color On, use Game Mode in Picture Settings.

1 Like

Ok. Es el actual de 1080p el que estaba mirando. Cambiaré ese valor y estaré atento a cuando actualices. Gracias!

1 Like

Con el tiempo, me doy cuenta de los errores, no es fácil configurarlo. Cuando piensas que esta bien, de tantas horas probando, cuando descansas los ojos, luego ves mas fácil los errores. A veces piensas que se ve muy bien, que en momentos si se ve muy bien y luego vas probando otras cosas que aún no has tocado. Hay muchas opciones, hay algunas que ya las tengo dominadas, otras aún las estoy probando. Pero te mantendré informado. Gracias por la paciencia :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

8 Likes

Sega Saturn Version:

6 Likes

I love how your shader looks. Thank you for your work!

2 Likes

3 Likes

New update for Super Nintendo, and added a single file for the Mega Drive, Neo Geo, Saturn and PS1. My recommendation for the Mega Drive is to use Genesis GX, and inside the core options in video options, on Border options select top and bottom option, and the option Master system Hide left border only. If You don’t use this, It won’t look the same. For Neo Geo use Final Burn Neo. For the saturn, use Bettle Saturn, for the Snes use BSNES (NOT BSNES HD), on this emulator the shaders look stronger and sharper than Snes9X. For BSNES, in core options choose video options, and set crop to off.

This is an example of how Mega Drive Looks with those core options activated:

And BSNES with crop options off.

6 Likes
2 Likes

4 Likes

Playing with deconvergence settings, testing a different way that I was used to. I like these settings better.

1 Like

1 Like

@RetroGames4K would you be interested in providing a non-bezel version of your presets in the future?

2 Likes

Sorry for my stupid question, but by non bezel what do you mean? I can’t do a preset with the shaders :thinking: Or do you mean Guest’s advanced NTSC on it’s own?

1 Like

It’s a preset of Mega Bezel so you’d have to copy the settings yourself to the crt-guest-advance shader.

I think @KoKlusz means a version of your presets without the reflective bezel and background but with everthing else included.

It’s possible to disable the Bezel in existing presets and you can also use the built in Max Integer Scale presets which include everything but the Bezel and change the base reference in your presets to point to them.

Or you can just use the Guest Advanced Presets.

2 Likes

How do I disable the reflective bezel? I never touched that option. :sweat_smile:

1 Like