RetroGames4K's Mega Bezel screen pics, gameplays & custom settings

Testing with masks only…

2 Likes

I’m trying to see if it’s possible to lit up with mask only, I’m trying different combinations. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good to see you “starting over” because the bloom levels seemed to be getting higher and higher, while the phosphor saturation was getting lower and lower and you could have seen more colour bleeding between and around the phosphors that didn’t look like they originated from the phosphors when viewed zoomed in.

It’s possible to add minute amounts of bloom, glow and halation, which can have a positive impact on brightness and blending of the colours without going overboard to the point where you can see the effect more than or almost as much as the original phosphors.

There’s a lot of knowledge in these forums as well. Feel free to type in some keywords and just spend some time reading. Once you start, you may not want to stop.

1 Like

I know, my main goal was to produce the same visuals as My CRT. And I achieveved it. I know it doesn’t look realistic in phosphors but at least looks similar in image. Remember my comparison I made with the game Astal for the sega saturn comparing it with my CRT and Mega Bezel, when I commented about ntsc colour and you liked the comparison. I couldn’t achieve the same without the mask bloom. Now I want to do the same but without bloom and all that, even if it looks darker, but at least with decent levels of brightness with masks only. Now I’m going to try this without using any of those settings and make a new one with the name “Realistic Sanyo Masks only” or something like that. Let’s see how it goes. I like what I’ve been doing right now with masks only but it’s hard :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I understand. Don’t be afraid to try out the Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor shader as well. It’s also available via a Mega Bezel base preset.

That’s only has the SDR version though. If you have an HDR screen, which I think you might, (but you can correct me if I’m wrong) the Standalone HDR mode might completely blow you away once you get it setup correctly!

1 Like

Yes, I have HDR. I will give it a try, and see how it looks with HDR, and if I can I’ll make screenshots. I haven’t learned to do screenshots on HDR yet without color looking with washed out colours. :sweat_smile:

You can’t, because it’s a hardware setting. You need to take a photo of the screen.

1 Like

Whatever it was you did here looks good to me

1 Like

Well it was a street fighter pic, made with only masks. This is the best I can do yet to lit up with only masks. Here it is:

1 Like

Bare masks with mask bloom 0.05 only. I think this is a balanced one.

4 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

Nintendo DS, Shaders vs My Real Nintendo DS, looks almost the same, except the colours a bit, and I set it to BGR so it looks better with RGB screens. I love it!!!:heart_eyes:

Shaders:

Real Nintendo DS:

Gameplay video with MelonDS and handheld lcd-grid v2 shaders :

7 Likes

Wow Man! This is amazing!!!

I don’t mind the difference in colours one bit! To me that’s like different boxes of cereal you don’t have to enjoy the same one everyday!

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Thanks, but the work is done already! I only changed the bgr parameters to 1, the other options are by default. it’s the grid v2 shaders inside the handheld folder

1 Like

Oh, my bad! Lol

I have at least one of these games on switch but it pains me to play it without a good Shader with those Raw pixels.

1 Like

You can try it out on Retroarch, DeSmuMe for Normal DS and MelonDS for Dsi ware. With lcd-grid v2. I can tell you it looks almost identical. I’m playing this Shantae and I love it.

1 Like