SOQUEROEU – Mega Bezel TV Backgrounds

This thread is about my original TV backgrounds for use in conjuction with @HyperspaceMadness Mega Bezel Reflection Shader. I think lots of people would be pleased to play old games using an actual CRT TV, so I created my own project as a nice way to have a simulated TV… INSIDE your actual TV or monitor. Believe me, this works pretty well!

Download latest release

Soqueroeu-TV-Backgrounds_V2.0 - GitHub Repository

I consider my work with this project as complete. New backgrounds may or may not eventually appear. If that case, I’ll update this thread for people to know about new releases.

Feedback is really welcome. I hope everybody enjoys SOQUEROEU – Mega Bezel TV Backgrounds!

What is SOQUEREU - Mega Bezel TV Backgrounds?

My TV backgrounds are meant to be used with Retroarch. They are not conventional screen overlays: included presets automatically load configurations for Mega Bezel Reflection shader to obtain maximum retro-feeling. In fact, they are designed to work as an addon to the shader and cannot be used standalone like standard overlays as they don’t have any trasparent region for tube.

Why?

My idea is to develop special backgrounds to be used while playing close to big screens. Taking inspiration from other designers projects, I started creating my own backgrounds in Photoshop featuring simple TV images. They are intended to as little space for the image tube as possible, bringing comfort for those who play close to big screens.

Users may find several spots to improve my work, after all I’m still tranining my skill with graphical tools! Btw, I tried to develop a wide variation of colors and shapes, so they wouldn’t result repetitive. I hope people will enjoy playing games and customizing their experience with my assets.

What is Mega Bezel Reflection Shader?

This is a collection of special shaders with lots of customization possibilities, as well as beautiful real-time tube reflections! They were developed by HyperSpaceMadness, with feedback from many people who like old games. In my opinion, this is one of the biggest contributions to the retrogaming emulation scene.

Requirements

• Retroarch 1.9.8 or later with simple presets enabled
  • Slang shaders previously installed in your Retroarch (download from Retroarch’s update menu).
  • Shader Mega Bezel pack - Update V 0.9.103 (2022-02-15 Rev 1) or later.

Features

• All backgrouns 16:9 @ 3840x2160 (4K) png format
  • Day and night presets for a comfortable experience
  • No need for additional advanced preset adjustments
  • Flat and curve screen variants presets (NEW);
  • Some graphics have color variations (NEW);
  • Generic graphics for systems without their own TV (NEW);

Systems included:

• 3DO
  • Atari 2600
  • NEC PCE Super Grafx
  • NEC PC Engine
  • NEC PC Engine CD
  • NEC PC Engine Duo
  • NEC PC-FX
  • NEC Turbo Duo
  • NEC Turbo Grafx 16
  • NEC Turbo Grafx CD
  • Nintendo Famicom
  • Nintendo Famicom FDS
  • Nintendo GameCube
  • Nintendo N64 -Nintendo NES
  • Nintendo Super Famicom
  • Nintendo Super GameBoy
  • Nintendo Super NES
  • Nintendo Wii 4x3
  • Nintendo Wii 16x9 ( new)
  • Sega Dreamcast (new)
  • Sega Mark III
  • Sega Master System
  • Sega Saturn
  • Sega SG-1000
  • Sega CD
  • Sega Genesis
  • SNK NeoGeo AES
  • Sony Playstation
  • Sony Playstation 2 (4x3)

I would like to thank HyperspaceMadness for their great work with Mega Bezel Shader . Without it my backgrounds would never have existed. I would also like to extend my gratitude to Duimon and TheNamec for all their support and inspiration.

Screenshots gallery New V2.0:

22 Likes

I loved them, great work @soqueroeu!

3 Likes

What a week for Mega Bezels!!! Great work @soqueroeu, this is a great quality pack and I hope to see some more CRT LOVE from you in the future!!! Ad maiora :+1:

4 Likes

Wonderful graphics and a great release thread. Congratulations my friend!

2 Likes

Very nice! Can’t wait to give 'em a whirl tonight after work.

3 Likes

Thank you for your effort

3 Likes

Hi @soqueroeu, I wanted to let you know that I pulled your repo and it’s working great!

I always wanted to play Super Metroid on a Genesis :star_struck:

7 Likes

Hello everybody!

I checked some of my shader presets. Some of them had duplicate parameters, and created unwanted effects. So I made the corrections, including the changes below:

• Modified presets to work under relative path
  • Made minor corrections to frame, geometry and light reflections in some presets.
  • Added Nintendo_SuperNES_v3_DKC-Games preset.
6 Likes

Many presets have deviations. Can some adjustments be made? I don’t know if it is the reason for the version update.

2 Likes

Yes, possibly… I noticed this same problem. I will review my presets and update the repository.

3 Likes

I think it is because of the most recent scaling fix to the release shader. Since it may be a month or two before the new shader release it may be worth the time to fix it.

3 Likes

Hi all!

I’m slowly working on some of my presets and background graphics. At some point I want to release an improved pack. :wink:

However, I intend to keep the previous versions available whenever a new one is released.

5 Likes

Hi All!

Here , some more shots from my v2.0 backgrounds in progress:

10 Likes

Outstanding work my friend!

5 Likes

Very Nice! I love all the little details. Looking forward to it :star_struck:

5 Likes

These look sensational.

3 Likes

Here, the simple Sega Saturn JP TV panel:

5 Likes

People, this is SuperGameBoy TV Edition:

7 Likes

Guys, this is my almost-finished Game Cube TV. I really liked this one, huh?

6 Likes

Folks, the package has been updated, to keep up with MegaBezelShader and Retroarch updates. Please Note, to use it, you will need:

• Retroarch 1.9.8 or later with simple presets enabled
  • Shader Mega Bezel pack V 0.9.097 (2022-01-05 Rev 2) or later
9 Likes