CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

CyberLab CRT-Royale Presets on a 4K DLP Projector

2 Likes

What about users that only has a 1080p monitor? is there a way we could also achieve a soft look? on my end the scanlines are too strong

Of course you can adjust the sharpness or softness to your liking and there are several ways to go about this. What preset pack are you referring to though?

Have you tried every preset?

Fine or higher TVL or lower Mask Size presets are usually less sharp.

If you’re using an NTSC preset, you can lower the Resolution Scale.

You can also decrease any parameter that deals with sharpness or adjust any horizontal filter. You can also lower Chroma Resolution / Bleeding.

You can also use a lower “input quality”/resolution Blargg NTSC Video Filter Preset if you’re using those. Many of my presets are designed with the intention of using them in conjunction with some of these video filter presets.

You said the scanlines are too strong, you can adjust that as well by choosing a lower GSL Scanline Type if using one of my Mega Bezel Presets. If using my Sony Megatron Preset pack, you can increase the Scanline Min/Max.

Which presets or presets do you find look too sharp that you’ve tried?

Please include a screenshot to help me to better understand and if you can describe what you’re trying to achieve in a little more detail then perhaps I can better assist.

1 Like

if i’m using the windowcast core and i load a cyberlab shader or megabezel preset retroarch will freeze. is there a fix?

This looks like one for the WindowCast core thread:

CyberLab Megatron NX Death To Pixels 4K HDR Shader Preset Pack!

3 Likes

Hi, I have a problem !

I don’t know what happened but from one moment to the next the shader stopped giving me an image and instead it shows me this screen with information, I looked in the shader options to see if any parameter was causing it but I couldn’t find anything, if I put megabezel show info=0 the letters only turn yellow I only remember updating retroarch but I could still play fine and the shader worked until now. I don’t know if they can provide support here i am new at this

Did you also update your Slang Shaders using the Online Updater?

Did you read and understand this?

Especially this part:

Also this:

This is the first thing I would check.

2 Likes

Pro Tip: 4K users who have displays that can handle full RGB 4:4:4 change the Mask Type to 12 and the Mask Size to 1.

Note: This doesn’t apply to all presets and this won’t work on my Slot Mask or Computer Monitor presets.

4K users who have displays that can only do YCbCr 4:2:0 you can use the current Mask 6, Size 2 which is good but not perfect or try Mask 7 or 8 with Deconvergence turned off.

This applies to CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack.

If using CyberLab CRT-Royale Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack try setting the Max Triad Size Desired to 6 or whatever value gives you RGB triads on your display.

@Theoldnation you can probably try this before buying a new TV. If your TV needs a different Mask Subpixel layout you can probably try Hyllian’s CRT Shader Preset pack as I recall @Hyllian included Subpixel Layouts for both RGB and BGR layout in his CRT-Royale Shader Preset Pack.

1 Like

CyberLab Megatron NX 4K HDR Game Arcade Smooth Ultra.slangp in action!

These are photos of an HDR Shader Preset in action so you might have to brighten your display if you want to get a better idea of how it looks in person.

...more

Be sure to click on the images and click Load Full Resolution to experience the full quality.

…and here are some HDR GPU Screenshots of some other CyberLab Megatron NX presets in action

6 Likes

I’m having a bit of a problem with the psx preset. I’m using it with the duimon backgrounds, and for some reason, the screen is too big that it doesn’t show the frame correctly, looks cropped. I can’t find a way to solve this, please help!

1 Like

Hi, can you state exactly which PSX Preset you’re using, which one of Duimon’'s backgrounds as well as the method used to integrate both presets?

I could remember having some challenges with moire patterns when making those PSX presets if the scaling was set to anything other than what I have it set to now.

I see you’re using 1080p resolution. The presets in the 1080p Optimized folder were mostly converted from other higher resolution optimized options so something could have slipped through the cracks.

You can first try decreasing the Int. Scale Offset and see if it solves your issue.

Is the Playstation-[ADV]-[Guest]-[Bezel]-[Night].slangp, and I used the method of opening the Duimon’s preset with notepad and pasting your preset file location.

I tried decreasing the Int. Scale Offset but it was already 0 so it didn’t solve the problem.

1 Like

And there’s no negative Int. Scale Offset available?

You can lower the Int. Scale % or the Non Int. Scale %.

Which one you have to use depends on if the Int. Scale Mode is set to. If it’s on 0, then Int. Scaling is off so you have to use the Non-Int. Scale %. If it’s 1 or 2 then you have to use the Int. Scale %.

There’s another method of integrating my presets with Duimon’s or any other overlay or background.

You can go into my CyberLab_Special_Edition folder and you will see some examples.

In those examples I used my own graphics but if you wanted to use Duimon’s graphics instead, you could replace the background line in the preset with a second reference line that points to the *.params version of Duimon’s presets.

There is supposed to be an entire folder of his presets in *.params format.

If the overlay/background pack you’re using doesn’t have its presets in *.params format, you can convert them yourself by first making a copy of the original presets folder then editing the presets in that folder to remove or comment out the reference lines.

It’s really very simple if you understand what you’re doing.

As for my example presets, you can change the presets in the first reference line to any preset in my Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack.

I tried to use your presets without any other integration and I’m having the same problem, I’m using Playstation ADV preset. I’ve actually tried to put a negative integer scale offset but then the image becomes too small, and I can’t choose between a balance, so yeah, I don’t really know what to do now.

1 Like

Also, if i try to use non integer scale, the crt shader becomes uneven and looks really bad.

1 Like

By default both Duimon’s and my preset have Int. Scale Mode set to 0 (Off) and neither of them looked bad to me when I loaded them using their defaults.

The difference lies in the Non-Integer Scale % used. For Duimon’s preset which doesn’t feature strong Mask or Scanlines effects the default of 82.97 works fine without any moire patterns or other anomalies. For my preset which features much more detailed mask and scanlines you will notice moire patterns at certain resolutions. Unfortunately you’re running up against the laws of physics here and there’s not much that can be done instead of some sort of compromise somewhere.

One thing you can do is decouple the Bezel scaling from the viewport (game screen) scaling then you can use my Integer or non-Integer Scale settings without the severe moire effects. The caveat would be that instead of the entire bezel being scaled and parts of it being cropped off, the content is going to be scaled and some of it might be cut off. A real CRT TV does this to some extent. It’s called Overscan but in this case it may or may not be too excessive.

Another thing you can do is take a look my MBZ__3__Standard_Full_Reflections_Soqueroeu-TV_Special_Edition folder. You can probably note some of the settings or try to integrate one of those presets with Duimon’s preset.

Also, if you use the method of integration, I described in my previous post, using my MBZ__1__Advance_Full_Reflections_CyberLab_Special_Edition presets as a template there are some built-in overrides to deal with things like Bezel Independent Curvature.

So this:

#reference "../../../MBZ__0__Smooth-Advance_Full_Reflections/4K_Optimized_Presets/Console_Specific_Presets/CyberLab_Turbo_Duo_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC_II.slangp"

BackgroundImage = "../../../Resources/CyberLab_Graphics/CyberLab_Full_Range_Stereo_Mega_TV.png"

HSM_AMBIENT_LIGHTING_OPACITY = "98.000000"
HSM_AMBIENT1_OPACITY = "68.000000"
HSM_ASPECT_RATIO_MODE = "2.000000"
HSM_NON_INTEGER_SCALE = "83.969986"
HSM_PHYSICAL_MONITOR_DIAGONAL_SIZE = "55.000000"
HSM_PHYSICAL_SIM_TUBE_DIAGONAL_SIZE = "20.000019"
HSM_SCREEN_POSITION_X = "-1.000000"
HSM_TUBE_DIFFUSE_MODE = "1.000000"
HSM_TUBE_DIFFUSE_IMAGE_AMOUNT = "25.000000"
HSM_TUBE_BLACK_EDGE_THICKNESS = "-630.000000"
HSM_BZL_USE_INDEPENDENT_SCALE = "1.000000"
HSM_BZL_INDEPENDENT_SCALE = "89.869896"
HSM_INT_SCALE_MODE = "0.000000"
HSM_CURVATURE_MODE = "1.000000"
HSM_CRT_CURVATURE_SCALE = "10.000000"

Would (or could) become this:

#reference "../../../MBZ__0__Smooth-Advance_Full_Reflections/4K_Optimized_Presets/Console_Specific_Presets/CyberLab_Turbo_Duo_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC_II.slangp"

#reference "../../../../Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Presets/Advanced/TV/TV7-[ADV]-[Guest]-[Night].slangp"

HSM_AMBIENT_LIGHTING_OPACITY = "98.000000"
HSM_AMBIENT1_OPACITY = "68.000000"
HSM_ASPECT_RATIO_MODE = "2.000000"
HSM_NON_INTEGER_SCALE = "83.969986"
HSM_PHYSICAL_MONITOR_DIAGONAL_SIZE = "55.000000"
HSM_PHYSICAL_SIM_TUBE_DIAGONAL_SIZE = "20.000019"
HSM_SCREEN_POSITION_X = "-1.000000"
HSM_TUBE_DIFFUSE_MODE = "1.000000"
HSM_TUBE_DIFFUSE_IMAGE_AMOUNT = "25.000000"
HSM_TUBE_BLACK_EDGE_THICKNESS = "-630.000000"
HSM_BZL_USE_INDEPENDENT_SCALE = "1.000000"
HSM_BZL_INDEPENDENT_SCALE = "89.869896"
HSM_INT_SCALE_MODE = "0.000000"
HSM_CURVATURE_MODE = "1.000000"
HSM_CRT_CURVATURE_SCALE = "10.000000"

You could replace the 1st reference line with any of my presets and the second refence line with any of Duimon’s presets in *.params format, which is just a preset with the reference line removed or commented out.

Another thing that might help is using a higher TVL Mask. I didn’t mention it before because it’s something I just haven’t tried much at 1080p but it’s quite possible that you just need to use one of the Magenta-Green masks and that might actually resolve the issue of moire pattern appearing when adjusting the Non-integer Scale %.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a key showing all of the Mask Patterns available in CRT-Guest-Advanced or Mega Bezel but it should be somewhere in these forums.

You can even cycle through all the Mask Options as well. Be sure to keep the CRT Mask size on 1.

You can use this as a guide to help find the 2 colour masks, which would be higher TVL and less likely to have moire issues at a given resolution.

Based on the above list I’d probably try Masks 0, 5 and 7 first.

You can also try a lower GSL Scanline Type.

Lastly, make sure the Mask Layout matches the subpixel layout of your display.

2 Likes

CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack SDR to HDR Conversion

Settings–>Video–>HDR

• Enable HDR - On
  • Peak Luminance - 630
  • Paper White Luminance - 630
  • Contrast - 5.30x - 5.40x
  • Expand Gamut - On

Plus

Load a shader preset then follow the steps below:

Reset the following shader parameters to defaults:

• Post CRT Brightness - 1.00
  • Bright Boost Bright Pixels - 1.10
  • Bright Boost Dark Pixels - 1.40
  • Gamma Correct – gamma_c - 1.00

Adjust the following settings:

• Graphics Brightness - 40.00
  • Graphics Gamma Adjust - 0.62
  • Saturation - (Increase by +0.31)

Also set all Afterglow and Persistence settings to 0.00:

• PR = “0.000000”
  • PG = “0.000000”
  • PB = “0.000000”
  • AS = “0.000000”
  • sat = “0.000000”

To fix Shadowmask Presets:

• mshift = “1.000000”

For a little extra brightness:

• gsl = “0.000000”
  • maskstr = “0.950000”

Peak and Paper White Luminance values must be set to whatever values are appropriate for the user’s display. Values displayed are for reference only.

Requires Mega Bezel v1.15.0 or higher.

Note that CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack has not been updated to take into consideration the many changes implemented in Mega Bezel Reflection Shader v1.15.0 and beyond, therefore some if not most presets will not look as originally intended.

CyberLab CRT Royale Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack SDR to HDR Conversion

Settings–>Video–>HDR

• Enable HDR - On
  • Peak Luminance - 630
  • Paper White Luminance - 630
  • Contrast - 5.70x - 5.80x
  • Expand Gamut - On

Plus

Load a shader preset then follow the steps below:

Reset the following shader parameters to defaults:

• Simulated CRT Gamma - 2.50
  • Your Display Gamma - 2.20

Adjust the following settings:

• Contrast - 0.25

If viewing from nearer to the screen and would like a less coarse look, you can lower the Mask - Triad Size Desired from 7.00 to 6.00.

3 Likes

Hey there, I’ve been using these shaders and theyre great, but I have one question. It’s kind of hard to explain, hopefully I can explain it properly.

I spent some time (specificlly on the castlevaina: sotn on psx) making sure I was getting a pefect pixel aspect ratio without ANY stretching/ resizing. So I ended up with interger scaling on x and y, and unncorrected aspect ratio in beetle PSX. My logic was that I want each pixel rendered from the game to line up perfectly with a “pixel” on the crt filter

(ignore the colors, its just to show that they are seperate pixels)

But last night I was thinking, because the crt “pixels” are actually just the (virtual) slot mask, is it actually more accurate to ignore interger scaling and simply force 4:3 aspect ratio into the crt filter, similar to the way a crt projects an analog image onto the slot mask?

Hopefully this makes sense, let me know if I can explain it better.

edit/

basiclly, which of these is more accurate? And does scaling the height to the full 1440p mess with the crt grid at all?

https://imgur.com/a/8P7An4Q

1 Like