CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

It’s just because we update the cores constantly (sometimes multiple times per day, and sometimes the cores are >100MB each) and it’s just not feasible to keep all of those builds of >150 cores around.

AFAIK, color emulation doesn’t do a whole lot for SNES. I think it restricts the color range slightly at the edges to mimic a TV’s RGB range or something…? It was mainly a big deal in higan for NES games, since it applied the RAW palette, IIRC.

And yeah, new bsnes core does SGB.

1 Like

Yes, the normal bsnes core has support for Super Game Boy. I think you also need a BIOS to set it up properly.

1 Like

I made the new shader presets for BSNES Blur Emulation specifically for people who don’t have access to Higan and it should provide a similar if not superior experience to my Console Specific Higan preset.

I also wanted to take advantage of Run-Ahead and better latency and performance provided by the more up to date core. Have you tried these yet? They’re relatively new. I most likely won’t be continuing to update and develop my older Higan Blur and Color Emulation presets going forward because I have switched to the BSNES core for SNES Emulation.

So try the new CyberLab SNES Composite Slot Mask IV OLED for BSNES Blur Emulation preset with Blur Emulation on. There are 2 flavours. Le’Sarsh and the regular 4K_Optimized. If you don’t have an OLED TV, just flip the Mask Layout to 0.

Are you using a 4K Screen? The Le’Sarsh 4K_Optimized Slot_Mask presets also look great at 1440p while the Aperture Grill Presets also look great at 1080p!

Here’s the link for the Higan Core:

higan_sfc_libretro.zip

This looks interesting:

3 Likes

There is a reddit of somebody showing a few more.

There is also an article in PCMag

4 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Mega Bezel on M1 Macs

Heh, yeah, definitely not by/for Windows. I’ve been all-linux for almost 20 yrs now.

That said, the error appears to just be a regular ol’ installation problem. Make sure the mega bezel shaders RetroArch comes with work first and then try to add Cyber’s presets to that.

3 Likes

There is a question to consult. The effects you posted are very good, but the picture feels dark. In the impression, the actual CRT display should be much brighter. Do you need to adjust in the default file to achieve a better display effect?

1 Like

What are you judging this based on? Pictures posted in the forums or actually using the presets?

Which presets do you find seem dark?

Depending on how your TV/Display is setup they might appear different for you. Either you can adjust your TV/Display or you can adjust the settings in the preset to suit your liking and/equipment.

If you wish for them to be brighter you can increase the Gamma_C. You can also increase different brightness parameters in the shader parameters. You can adjust Post-CRT-Brightness, use more Bloom, Glow, Halation, lower Mask Strength, change the Scanline Type, lower Saturation e.t.c.

Better is subjective. What’s better for you may be worse for someone else.

1 Like

It can be seen through the real TV effect and your preset comparison.

What’s your point? If you want to make presets brighter, you’re free to brighten them in any way you choose.

I really don’t need to see a photo of anything. You can’t see what I see. I make these for myself first for use on my TV and they look the way I want on my TV.

Am I supposed to use that overexposed, desaturated, out of focus, highly compressed photo as some sort of reference or something? Don’t do this. I answered your question already.

Just discuss this matter, I feel that you are too excited.

No, you’re just not getting what this is or isn’t about for me. At least come with some high quality, accurate CRT shots if you would like to contribute in some way.

The most I’m willing to discuss is how to help users get things tweaked or customized to their liking if necessary. You asked a question and I told you how to go about it. If you would like to have a discussion about matching brightness or other aspects of the CRT experience using shader presets then I’m sure there are other folks who might love to indulge you.

I’m just doing my thing and sharing my results with the world. Some will like it others won’t and that’s completely fine by me.

You didn’t even answer my questions, yet you claim to want to discuss something.

Sorry for the continuation of the topic, but I wanted to tell you this.
The model name is “KV-21SP1”
Just Google it and you’ll know what this TV means.
Although it is not an all-in-one type, it is characterized by a design that is conscious of the original PlayStation, such as a fun-shaped speaker design.

There was also a mega drive radio cassette player.
The model name is “CSD-GM1”
The manufacturer is aiwa, but it should have been a subsidiary of SONY at the time… XD

2 Likes

I wanted to create an account here so that I could let you, Cyber, know how much I love and enjoy all the hard work you have done to create these presets for us to use. I really enjoy the emulation scene and I have such nostalgia for the old school games, but it wouldn’t be the same without these presets. The whole shader community has given us something incredible so I wanted to say “thank you” Cyber for making these games really come alive for me again. Your presets give these games a look and feel that makes them pop in a way I really can’t describe. They’re just so pleasing to the eye.

It’s important to me to let others know how much their efforts are appreciated. I’m grateful for you, Cyber, and all the others like Sonkun, HyperspaceMadness, guest.r, MajorPainTheCactus, Nesguy, HGoda90, Zombeaver, kokoko3k, and others I may have missed. All of you have brought a new life to my gaming experience and that’s truly a gift that I never expected to get when I came across this forum. Again, thank you all for everything you’ve done and I hope you all know that you’re appreciated and valued.

6 Likes

You’re most welcome and thanks for taking the time to share your feelings of gratitude as well as describe the impact our collective works have on your life.

Trust me when I say, I know the feeling. It is the reason I do what I do. Not just for other users but I’m a user and afficionado of these things as well. The art, the music, the stories as well as the challenging gameplay all provide a very relaxing and rewarding outlet for my soul.

Right click on the image, click Open in New Tab then press F11 for Fullscreen for 4K users. Zoom in until it looks right for 1440p or 1080p users.

Here’s a look at some of my NES Shader Presets (not Shaders)

3 Likes

CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack just hit 60,000 views!

Wow, what a wonderful journey this has been!

In commemoration of this milestone I’d like to share a few screenshots from my latest presets!

Right click on the image, click Open in New Tab then press F11 for Fullscreen for 4K users. Zoom in until it looks right for 1440p or 1080p users.

CyberLab_Turbo_Duo_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_for_CyberLab_Blargg_Video_Filter.slangp (Le’Sarsh) + Blargg_NTSC_Turbo_Duo_SNES_PSX_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition.filt

CyberLab__Ultimate_Virtual_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_CRT-NP2RTA__ADV.slangp (Le’Sarsh)

You can get these and more in my latest update released today:

CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack V1.6.3_04-12-22

1 Like
1 Like

Update 05/12/22

The following preset folders have been renamed:

MBZ__1__Advance_Full_Reflections ===> MBZ__0__Smooth-Advance_Full_Reflections

MBZ__2__Performance_No_Reflections ===> MBZ__0__Smooth-Advance_No_Reflections

MBZ__3__Standard_Full_Reflections ===> MBZ__3__Standard_Full_Reflections_Soqueroeu-TV_Special_Edition

This is to make way for the following additional performance tiers as well as to update the folder naming to be more in line with HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader’s Base Preset Tiered naming scheme.

MBZ__1__Advance_Full_Reflections

MBZ__3__Standard_Full_Reflections

What this means is that more users who might have had difficulty running my highest quality presets or even the no reflect versions can now enjoy my work by trying the presets in the MBZ__1__Advance_Full_Reflections or MBZ__3__Standard_Full_Reflections folders with in many cases only minor differences in the final appearance of most presets, especially when paired with my Custom Blargg Video Filter Presets.

I apologize for any inconvenience that these major changes might cause some users but I hope that the benefits to new and existing users will be worth it.

Pro Tip

To make the transition easier you can use an app like Notepad++ that has a batch find and replace feature then Search for “CyberLab/MBZ__1__Advance_Full_Reflections” in the “…RetroArch\config” folder and replace it with “CyberLab/MBZ__0__Smooth-Advance_Full_Reflections”.

If you have any of my Soqueroeu-TV_Special_Edition presets saved as core, game or directory presets you can search for “CyberLab\MBZ__3__Standard_Full_Reflections” and replace it with “CyberLab\MBZ__3__Standard_Full_Reflections_Soqueroeu-TV_Special_Edition”.

MBZ__3__Standard_Full_Reflections\Le’Sarsh_4K_Optimized_Presets\Console_Specific_Presets\CyberLab_Turbo_Duo_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_for_CyberLab_Blargg_Video_Filter.slangp + Blargg_NTSC_Turbo_Duo_SNES_PSX_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition.filt

MBZ__1__Advance_Full_Reflections\Le’Sarsh_4K_Optimized_Presets\Console_Specific_Presets\CyberLab_Turbo_Duo_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_for_CyberLab_Blargg_Video_Filter.slangp + Blargg_NTSC_Turbo_Duo_SNES_PSX_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition.filt

PSA

There seems to be a significant regression between Mega_Bezel_V1.5.0_2022-10-11 and Mega_Bezel_V1.6.3_2022-11-23.

In particular, my “MBZ__0__Smooth-Advance_Full_Reflections” (formerly “MBZ__1__Advance_Full_Reflections”) presets which worked (and continue to work) perfectly at 1080p on my Geforce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 using V1.5.0_2022-10-11, don’t even load using V1.6.3_2022-11-23.

Should you decide not to update, so far it seems like my V1.6.3 preset pack updates work just as well with Mega_Bezel_V1.5.0_2022-10-11.