Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

That would be great, and it encourages people to go into the parameters and make changes.

5 Likes

Will do, cause I was thinking of doing the GBA SP tomorrow.

1 Like

@Duimon I forgot to mention if you could put the Pink Gameboy values in other than the [Cabinet or Cabinet Glass Layer] change. You would be able to see some problems with the buttons and d-pad. It could possibly be easily fixed.

It isn’t a problem, it just isn’t designed for adjustment of the Cabinet Glass layer.

Additive color (What we see on our monitors) can behave in unexpected ways when the colors contrast past a certain point. Here’s an example…

In this image the XYX letters (Above the buttons.) look like they are the same color as the ABC letters below.

They are not. :upside_down_face: It is an intentional illusion created to account for the gradient on the system body.

In any case. I noticed that when the color of the DMG-01 went too far in one direction, that the Bezel looked too light. I will probably separate the Bezel details, the d-pad, and the buttons to another layer. So the gamma of the Bezel can be adjusted.

2 Likes

I was talking about the dots on the buttons. They are the same color as the Gameboy.

1 Like

I think that is an issue caused by your use of such extreme saturation. Although maybe HSM needs to take a look at the image.

2 Likes

It could be because on the other variants the only other one like it is the blue variant. I am thinking it could be the Hue Offset being high, the other ones have high Saturation but not high Hue Offset.

Edit: I did a test and those dots didn’t appear until the Hue Offset was >= 120 and the other values was the same as the pink one.

1 Like

That might be a good idea, since the Play It Loud collection buttons and the Bezel are the same color, Dark Gray.

Actually, I took a close look. The way the shader is set up, when “colorize” is turned on, the saturation value has no effect until after 100. The “colorize” parameter is really only intended to for use with things that are de-saturated. (Grays etc.)

Since there is color, I shouldn’t be using the colorize parameter at all. Strange things happen when you turn the saturation above 100 with colorize off.

I will have a chat with HSM about this.

3 Likes

Here’s a little WIP.

:innocent:

11 Likes

I have all the Gameboy Advance SP variants done. I will be posting them later today.

5 Likes

That sounds like a cool idea!

How would you feel about creating your own tutorial/example thread.

“hgoda90 - Mega Bezel examples - variations” or something like that.

A screenshot of the parameter dialog would help users out also.

4 Likes

I was thinking about doing that, so everything can be explained to new people. I guess I will just post these along with the other varations to a variation thread to keep everything clean.

4 Likes

It will be a valuable thread! :grin:

2 Likes

I was thinking of something like hgoda90 - Duimon Graphic variations.

Edit: I just thought of adding tutorials on adding Cyber’s shaders to your graphics to help him as well. So possibly hgoda90 - Duimon Graphic variations and tutorials.

5 Likes

Dual gameboys! ah, the missing piece. Im excited to add this shader to all those gb games that are linkable, it just feels right with a couple thicc boys. My gameboy collection is shinin’ after this week, got super gameboy, dual gameboys, shaders for everything! love it.

@hgoda90 Thats what i mean’t when i said the posting of the HSL color values, i didn’t know they could be changed so easily until you posted the values. After seeing them i went in there and braved it on my own, luckily theres a ton of HSL color sites that made changing the colors very easy after i knew what values to change. I agree that making the presets seems like alot of work, if you made another thread posting all the extra color values and such i think that would be a asset to some people that dont understand.

1 Like

Duimon gave me the idea to and I am currently working on it.

Careful. HSL is different than HSV/HSB.

I just use the color selector in an image editor.

4 Likes

Definitely look out for that. I use HSB with the GIMP program on my pc.

1 Like

I noticed that the colors didnt equal what i wanted sometimes, now i know why haha. thanks for the tip guys, you know so much about this, its alot to take in for a newbie.

2 Likes