Hgoda90 - Mega Bezel Graphics + Varieties

I thought of doing an Alt Night param for Square, Stripe and Stripe-L variations. The changes have been added to the repo.

To Do List, for those interested:

GB2Player and GBC2Player variations
PVM20 and TM20 Wii and Handhelds
Console Arcade koko-aio
Atari Jaguar CD Console Arcade
Console Arcade Handheld variations - Giant Game Boy Kiosk
CyberLab Console Arcade presets
Nintendo VS Console Arcade
Joystick Console Arcade
OrionsAngel Realistic Arcade Part 4 presets
2 Likes

Whose idea was this?

1 Like

I have added the alt of OrionsAngel’s Game Themed Super Mario Bros 3 Overlay to the repo. I am done with half of the Arcade Overlays.

3 Likes

Presets to OrionsAngel’s Realistic Arcade Bezels Part 4 has been added to the repo.

2 Likes

I am going to do the Game Boy Pocket Variation and possibly CyberLab presets for Console Arcade next. When I do the CyberLab presets it will be called CyberLab Console Arcade and use 4k, 1440p and 1080p.

1 Like

I’ll give you a little tip.

4K_Optimized, 1440p_Optimized and 1080p_Optimized really correspond to the number of pixels available in the viewport so if a preset is optimized for use with the full sized default bezel at 4K, that same preset may not work as well in a viewport which has been scaled down to fit in a TV or arcade overlay bezel.

You might very well find that in scenarios like those, 1440p_Optimized presets and very likely even 1080p_Optimized presets might be more appropriate even for users of 4K displays.

If you look at the examples in my CyberLab Special Edition Presets you can see this being demonstrated.

For me this also took care of most of the moire issues and you can even feel free to use a little curvature without worrying.

Here are some examples of this:

This is another example using @Soqueroeu -TV-Backgrounds_V2.

In both examples, the desktop rendering resolution is 4K but I used my 1080p_Optimized preset due to the screen size being scaled down effectively making it closer to the resolution it might have been if the desktop resolution was set to 1080p than if it was left at its full scale at 4K desktop resolution.

One more thing. Since the sharpness settings were calibrated using 1080p (or 1440p) desktop resolution and the TVL would be higher when using a 1080p (or 1440p) Optimized Preset at 4K desktop resolution, the output might appear a little softer than the equivalent 4K_Optimized preset or the 1080p or 1440p Optimized presets at native resolution.

This may not really be such a bad thing, but you can go into the Shader Parameters and tweak the Sharpness slightly if you would like to mitigate against this.

Try not to use Fast Sharpen as this decreases contrast of the edges.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips Cyber. I think when I get to them I will just place a CyberLab folder with the Mega Bezel presets than. It would help a lot on my end if I did have a 4k monitor to be sure of everything, which I have been thinking of getting one.

1 Like

No problem man.

In the meantime you can use DSR (nVIDIA) or VSR (AMD) to give you a very close approximation of how it would look at 4K. The geometry and scaling of the Shader effects and graphics would look exactly the same as if you were using an actual 4K display.

1 Like

I didn’t even know what that was. I guess I will have to read about it a little first.

Edit: Gave it a quick try and it does look the same at 1080p and 4k. With what I have done, I am going to rescale each individual style used and have them as params. It seems rescaling mitigates the scale that CyberLab presets cause by default (ie check out NES CyberLab Stripe).

1 Like

I think I have the CyberLab scaling down, not the preset settings specifically. I will be able to add them to the repo within the next few days.

1 Like

I had the idea to add Tube settings to OrionsAngel’s Realistic Arcade presets. The settings have been added to the repo.

2 Likes

I had to do some yard work for the past couple of days. I will be able to start the CyberLab presets now.

Resolution Info is going to come in handy.

1 Like

I will be trying to do OrionsAngel’s SSX Tricky Game Themed overlay presets today.

Definitely figured out the scaling now. It should go easier and if I feel up to it, I should be able to get them done by tomorrow.

1 Like

I thought to do individual releases of the CyberLab presets to prevent it from being tedious. The 4x3 presets have been added to the repo.

Edit: Found problems with the Viewport Zoom and thought increasing maskautothreshold without int_scale_mode was better.

2 Likes

Presets to OrionsAngel’s SSX Tricky Overlay have added to the repo.

2 Likes

I have added OrionsAngel’s SSX Tricky Alt Overlay presets to the repo and fixed some of the settings from the standard Overlay.

1 Like

The 16x9 CyberLab presets have been added to the repo. I also went ahead and renamed the params files to get set up for CyberLab naming.

1 Like

I found a proper solution to CyberLab Moire by only changing Int_Scale_Mode. The weird thing was to turn on no_scanlines; I tested multiple cores and games. I added the files to the repo this morning.

The Mask is looking a bit strange in this screenshot. It’s supposed to be either RGB or RBG in groups of 3 phosphors.

Unless you’re using some custom mask settings like Mask Width for example or if there’s a bug in the original preset.

20230410_133557

Checking multiple resolutions it still looks the same. I didn’t change any of the settings in the presets.

1 Like