Hgoda90 - Mega Bezel Graphics + Varieties

Quick Update

Add a Load button to load presets and HSL Color Format
Change Swatches design
Fixed an error with save

Thinking of turning it into a preset editor.

1 Like

Just an FYI, I found a javascript color converter on github called Color2Color that seems to work real well. It’s able to convert a multitude of formats to others, so I am just going to add it to the page and delete the old functions.

Edit: Updated

1 Like

variations for Famicom and Famicom Disk System OrionsAngel Console Overlays have been added to the repo.

2 Likes

Made a few cosmetic changes to Color Vision.

where do I find it available?

You can find it over at https://github.com/hgoda90/Bezel-Color-Converter

Edit: It has been moved over to

2 Likes

Add

– variations for OrionsAngel’s GameCube and Nintendo 64 Console Overlays

2 Likes

Add

– Sega Naomi GD-ROM presets to lfan’s System Overlays

1 Like

Quick Test

Did a Console Arcade overlay using Duimon’s Guide to see how it would look so far. I will be doing the Stick variations for koko-aio and standard overlays in the future. I just wanted to work on it a little with the guide to see how it would work out, which was good, just had to make a few adjustments on my end since it uses a Tube Image.

Edit: Just added the glass to the image.

2 Likes

Quick Update

I finished messing with the idea of the overlay template and will be just posting the image of the placeholder MBZ overlay for now. I want to work on the rest once I have finished with the MegaLab variations which will be a while after I finish all of OrionsAngel’s overlay presets and variations. In the meantime I thought it would be good to have the basic 4x3 until then for people to mess around with.

Scale Settings
--------------
1080p: 432, 116, 1056, 798
1440p: 580, 156, 1404, 1054
2160p: 864, 234, 2110, 1586

Demo

1 Like

Quick Update

I figured can’t do it without 16x9, so the 16x9 overlay has been added to the zip as well.

Scale Settings
--------------
1080p: 140, 32, 1642, 928
1440p: 186, 42, 2190, 1236
2160p: 280, 62, 3280, 1856

WIP

I am thinking of either going ahead and doing the default variations of Console Arcade as overlays or just specially styled overlays, i.e. DS and 3DS. With the default variations, I would need to take the screenshots, use Photoshop as a batch, and complete the recorded Action. In other words, doing the default variations wouldn’t take long since loading the preset and taking a screenshot would be the longest step.

So I will be doing either or and setting up a proper folder style either way.

Quick Test

Thought to place only preset specific references into a .pre file that is placed inside of presets folder. Currently only for Console Arcade since it is an idea I am trying out with the file system. If I think about keeping it all the other preset packs will be changed as well.

Quick Fix

– Changed 02ND_SCREEN to proper 2ND_SCREEN in Console Arcade params

Daily Update

I decided to do all the default overlays as of now until I complete OrionsAngel’s presets. It is going to take a little while since I have a few things going on irl right now.

Coming Changes

I am going to get rid of the MegaLab presets and change 2 Square to Mega Bezel. I will make sure to allow people to still be able to use the shader presets easily with Megatron and CyberLab but no specific preset changes will be done on my end.

I am also going to get rid of all non-fullscreen presets, Arcade, Face and Plain. I will be adjusting Candy to a fullscreen style.

Just started working on a prototype style that I call Art. I literally have only been working on it for the last 30 minutes.

3 Likes

Prototype Update

After messing around with different ideas, I have come close to the final idea. I want to add Art to Console Arcade since I am removing 3 other styles.

I still want to finish with OrionsAngel’s stuff first before doing Console Arcade changes.

1 Like

Final Art

Some final adjustments to the color indicators and I think it’s all good to go. With this design I am thinking of putting everything on the same layer except for glass, of course.

Any feedback is welcome.

2 Likes

My opinion: Way too much area with reflection. It looks good on stills but it is distracting when you really play qith that setting.

Daily Update

I did check out the reflection some more and found that it did cause a tunnel vision effect in some games. So it has been turned down to 20 and scaled enough so there isn’t any mirroring. I want to keep the reflection as part of the art style.