Hgoda90 - Mega Bezel Graphics + Varieties

If I can figure out a reasonable name change than I will be adding the glare and glow to non-cropped TV Backgrounds.

Edit: Done, so I will be releasing these next.

3 Likes

All of the shaders have been renamed and placed on Github. I placed all the day and night versions together, if I didn’t than some would have had only two files in their folder.

1 Like

I was messing around with the Logo Intro and thought that, with some settings changes, it would go well with the TV Backgrounds. And with those settings it would load only when the shader loads so it looks like the TV is being turned on.

Here is the settings for anybody who wants to test it out.

HSM_INTRO_WHEN_TO_SHOW = "2.000000"
HSM_INTRO_SPEED = "325.000000"
HSM_INTRO_LOGO_BLEND_MODE = "0.000000"
HSM_INTRO_LOGO_OVER_SOLID_COLOR = "0.000000"
HSM_INTRO_SOLID_COLOR_VALUE = "0.000000"

Edit: Found a problem with PSX TV so I will be fixing that too.

2 Likes

The Intro has been added to the TV Backgrounds and all the aspect ratios have been set to Horizontal. To get the effect when loading the game just Shaders > Save > Save Core Preset.

Edit: I thought of adding a 03 at the top right of the Intro and added it.

5 Likes

I thought that the systems that use composite or better TV Backgrounds would be better with Video 1 Intro. I will be able to do it once I can figure out what font style to use.

Edit: I think I did it.

5 Likes

I thought what I specifically wanted to do with the Logo Intros. I am going to set the old style CRTs, the ones with 03 LED at the bottom, and set those to use 3 Intro. All the other TV Backgrounds I am going to be setting the Video 1 Intro.

I changed the font of the 03 to the same as the Video 1 font and changed it to 3. The CRTs that have the 03 at the bottom LEDs’ opacities will be set to 0.

Edit: Intro changes have been added to Github.

5 Likes

Made a few changes to the TV Backgrounds again. The small CRT style ones I added the NES LED and changed the colors. I changed the Video 1 Intro Solid Color to black. I also had to fix the N64 and PS2 background Intro Logo position.

4 Likes

hey hgoda90, if you have time can you make a black version of duimons sega saturn bezel? North american consoles are a charcoal-ish black, was gonna dive in and attempt to do it on my own but im not good with the darker colors. Sometimes getting the color just right is a pain in the ass.

2 Likes

I can give it a shot. I have plenty of time.

1 Like

Hmmm. :thinking:

There was a time when someone might make that request from me… on my thread.

3 Likes

Yeah honestly I misread his request. Since I was doing the TV Backgrounds I thought that is what he wanted me to do.

1 Like

The best I could do is through parameters, for different graphics @Duimon would have to do it.

HSM_BZL_COLOR_HUE = "192.000000"
HSM_BZL_COLOR_SATURATION = "8.000000"
HSM_BZL_COLOR_VALUE = "12.999973"
HSM_BG_COLORIZE_ON = "1.000000"
HSM_BG_HUE = "170.000000"
HSM_BG_SATURATION = "9.000000"
HSM_BG_BRIGHTNESS = "54.000000"
HSM_BG_GAMMA = "0.500000"

2 Likes

I’m actually thinking the Charcoal Gray one is a different chassis design.

The bottom is especially different from the other. (The buttons and grooves are actually similar in design to the GameCube.)

3 Likes

Here is a better source image.

I like the dithered logo.

4 Likes

Yeah it looks good. The one you based the graphic off of is different than the other Sega Saturn designs. The basic US, Japan, and Europe consoles where the same with just different color combinations.

Do you have any example shots?

Your statement is kind of ambiguous as to which design the US, Japan, etc used.

2 Likes

Europe Sega Saturn

Europe Sega Saturn

Japan Sega Saturn

2 Likes

Thanks… very informative.

Doesn’t matter though. I’m putting this one on a new list of systems that I won’t do.

It flat out pisses me off that someone went to you and asked for a modification of one of my presets, instead of making a request on my thread.

From the second post in my thread…

Not cool! :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Would anybody be interested in “Screen Crop” TV Background presets?

4 Likes

Doing some research I should clarify that your Sega Saturn graphic is the launch edition in Japan, Model 1. The pictures I posted and the US one you did were Model 2.

The More You Know. :rainbow::star: