CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

Hmmm…I would have still liked to get to the bottom of it though but I’m glad you got through!

Loading Blargg filters alongside Shader Presets shouldn’t be so difficult for the system to accomplish even using Vulkan.

It could have something to do with the particular cores you’re using but I don’t know what they are so I can’t really tell.

1 Like

Thank you very much and thank you for your reply!

I haven’t tried that at the moment of writing, I knew there was some oversight on my part. I tested recently but unfortunately I found that changing the mask layout from 1 to 0 now produces a strong blue tint, it’s funny how these presets simply don’t want to work as intended on my system by default haha.

Also I tried the Cyberlab Slot Mask 1P2RTA, and was surprised to find they also give me that green tint (haven’t tried them before).

So I’ll stick to changing the mask types as the way to use these. Both 5 and 7 look good! I was really confused as to why that green tint was affecting other presets which previously look beautiful, but restarting RA is not that much of a nuisance as a workaround. I’ll personally keep the Arcade Sharp PVM as I really like that grill look. Thank you very much for your input!

And regarding your question, I honestly would be lying if I tell you I know what my pc is outputting. I’m really starting to learn all the terminology so I don’t understand really well what 4:4:4 is or whether my gpu/monitor is capable of that. I did some reading today though, but I don’t think RGB 4:4:4 is my case as my monitor is a 7 years old tv and I’m just using a generic HDMI cable, so I apologize for my lack of understanding. I’ll include some pictures of my nvidia driver settings if that provides some information.

Thank you for your work once again!

1 Like

This is really strange behaviour. I just tested all of the presets we spoke about and they all work fine on my end. I tested them with a slightly older revisions of my preset pack, Mega Bezel and RetroArch and the behaviour was the same after I updated all of them.

I think my FlyCast settings are all Default.

It could be some driver or OS bug or issue. Try updating your core or maybe rolling back to an older one.

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

You can also try resetting your FlyCast Core options to default.

Hello i would like to ask something curious, is there anyway to add motion blur to the image?

1 Like

Hmmm…there’s Afterglow and Afterglow Threshold. You can play around with those settings but less is usually more.

Presenting My Latest Preset:

You can use MPC-HC, MX Player or VLC Player to view the video.

CyberLab_SNES_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_for_Higan_Blur_and_Colour_Emulation

You have to load full resolution, then open in new tab or window, zoom in or view fullscreen in order for these to look correct because of the mask and scanline settings.

20220825_100739

2 Likes

Oh, this is a nice pic!

1 Like

Hey, I have the latest of the death to pixels pack, mega pixel pack, and soqueroeu backgrounds packs (both original and v2.0). For some reason when I load any of your presents with soqueroeu backgrounds in your death to pixels pack it fails to load. Not sure why.

However, everything else works beautifully and it’s so so beautiful. Thank you for making one so optimized for 1080p. All of this means a lot. I remember emulating on a windows 98 and XP with CRT monitors on zsnes, nesticle, and snes9x; so emulating with your computer presets is so nostalgic to me.

1 Like

Hi, it’s probably a path issue.

Make sure your Soqueroeu-TV Folder looks like this:

"Shaders/Mega_Bezel_Packs/Soqueroeu-TV-Backgrounds_V2.0/"

When you download them from GitHub it adds a “-main” to the end of the foldername. You can either remove it from there or add it to the paths in the reference lines in my presets.

Make sure Soqueroeu-TV Backgrounds is installed in the “/Shaders/Mega_Bezel_Packs” folder.

I’m glad to hear this!

Do note that my “Computer Monitor” presets are designed to look more like a TV style computer monitor from the early 80’s, for example the Commodore 1702 Monitor rather than a much more finely pitched VGA PC monitor of the 90’s.

Whenever I get around to emulating DOS games, I might make some VGA Monitor presets.

So you can get back to me on your folder structure for the TV backgrounds. I might have to update my installation instructions to be a bit more specific.

Hey thank you! I realized this on my own shortly after sending my post lol.

I appreciate the help though!

2 Likes

is there anyway to config the death bezel for ds?

1 Like

I don’t see why not. Can you elaborate a bit as to what you would like to do?

You might like this @HyperspaceMadness, @guest.r, @Hyllian, @Dogway, @hunterk!

4 Likes

Wow! Can’t believe I just randomly stumbled upon this!

This is a video from @Birm, who created the original “Death To Pixels” Analog Shader Pack 3.0 *.cgp Shader Preset which I would say was a precursor to my CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack.

Thanks again for the inspiration and endorsement @Birm!

1 Like

Hi @cyber, it’s nice that things are being seen by more people.

Perhaps when you present your shader pack you could try to give some focus to the fact that you are really leveraging @guest.r 's shader. Because how you present your pack really affects how people perceive the content.

To me these videos are really showing a wonderful tribute and showcase to the shader that he has poured his time into and generously provided us to create these wonderful CRT looks.

Anyway I just wanted to encourage you to think about it.

3 Likes

I have stated that my presets are for HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader Preset Pack and I have given credit and shown appreciation to yourself, @guest.r as well as other contributors in the first post of my thread.

In addition to that I’ve posted the link to your first post which also lists, the shader presets which are integrated and thanks their authors for their contributions, including @guest.r.

While it might be unfortunate if others give impressions that are inaccurate or even misleading, I cannot be held responsible for the actions or inactions of anyone else, including YouTubers who may or may not choose to read all of the documentation presented nor can I be expected to “police” every YouTube video that is posted on the internet to ensure compliance.

Nevertheless, I am not one to accept credit for others’ works (I’m sure you should know that by now) and have sought to inform and educate random and unaffiliated YouTubers when they might have mistaken a Shader Preset creator for a Shader creator.

It is not only up to me though, creators also have a role to play to educate, inform and ensure that they are given proper credit when their works are being used or represented.

See my comments and excerpts below. I think I’ve done my part.

Best Shader for Transparency & Dithering Effects (RetroArch and Cyberlab Shaders)

CyberLabStudio 3 weeks ago (edited)

"Hi, great video!

Thanks for featuring my Shader Preset Pack!

There are a couple things I’d like to share with you:

The preset is actually called “CyberLab Blending and Transparency PVM-EDITION”.

This preset is actually a relatively old preset in my shader preset pack. For the latest and greatest you can try the combination of my “CyberLab_Genesis_for_CyberLab_or_Core_Blargg_Composite_Filter.slangp”, “CyberLab__Ultimate_Virtual_Slot_Mask_CRT-1P2RTA_for_CyberLab_or_Core_Blargg_Composite_or_S-Video_Filter.slangp”, “CyberLab__Slot_Mask_II_for_CyberLab_or_Core_Blargg_Composite_or_S-Video_Filter.slangp” or “CyberLab__Slot_Mask_III_for_CyberLab_or_Core_Blargg_S-Video_or_RGB_Filter.slangp” shader presets plus my custom “Blargg_NTSC_Genesis_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition.filt Video Filter”.

Also, I didn’t make any of the shaders themselves. I make shader presets which manipulate and determine how the shaders’ output will look.

The loaded preset running in RetroArch doesn’t appear dark like in your video on the same screen I used to view the video.

The darkness could be due to you using presets intended for 4K resolution at 1080p or maybe an artifact of the scaling used in the video in combination with the scanline and mask settings these presets use full strength masks and scanlines for even more authenticity.

If you take a screenshot using my 4K_Optimized presets the brightness should look normal at native resolution and image size, however if you shrink it or zoom out, it will look progressively darker.

You can probably try my presets in the 1080p Optimized folder if you’re going to be using them at 1080p but you can use any preset at any resolution. Do keep in mind that the 1080p presets use a different subpixel layout from the others so you might have to toggle the layout to get the correct one that matches your screen.

You might get even better results if you read through the 1st post of my Libretro Forum thread as that will tend to provide the most up to date information regarding setting up and using my presets the way I do. I must admit, the included readme.txt file is in dire need of an update.

The actual shader used is HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader by HyperSpace Madness and that integrates other great shaders by other authors as well, including CRT-Guest-Advance by Guest.R and the same GTU you used for comparison.

Thanks again! I look forward to seeing you on my forum thread if you want even more tips and advice for using my shader presets."

The BEST CRT Shaders for RetroArch - ‘CyberLab’ & ‘HSM MegaBezel’ Installation Tutorial Guide (2022)

+++ Pinned by Retro Crisis

CyberLabStudio 8 hours ago

"Thank you so much for this exceptionally well presented video and for continuing to spread the word about these relatively new emulation emulation resources!

This definitely needs to be in the first posts of both the CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack & HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader Libretro threads!

I’m glad you like them as much as you do and I’m glad that I can share these and give back to the community!

Of course much thanks to HyperSpace Madness, the rest of the Mega Bezel team, Guest.R and all of the many Shader creators and contributors who’s hard work and dedication makes this all possible!"

CyberLab__NES__ADV

CyberLabStudio 2 weeks ago

"@World of Gameplays Just an observation, I noticed in the video descriptions you have “shaders made by @CyberLabStudio”. I didn’t make any of the shaders, I only made presets for the shaders. The shaders were made by extremely talented programmers. HyperSpaceMadness made HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader, Guest.R made CRT-Guest-Advanced, DariusG made GDV-Mini, Dogway made Grade, Aliaspider made GTU and MDAPT was made by Sp00kyfox and there would have been other contributors along the way as well I’m sure. All of the above shaders and more are integrated in HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader. Some of my presets are also made for Soqueroeu-TV-Backgrounds by the very talented Soqueroeu.

You’ll find those in the MBZ__3__Standard_Full_Reflections folder, while my presets for GDV-Mini are in the MBZ__5__Potato_No_Reflections folder. The former are really cool, you should check them out sometime, while the latter are just in the quick, dirty, early experimental stages.

Last but definitely not least, we can’t forget Blargg, who brought us some fantastic CPU based NTSC video filters a very long time ago that are so good, that they are still some of the best at what they do even today!"

CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack

"These presets are tested and developed for use in conjunction with the amazing HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader by @hyperspaceMadness with assistance from Duimon, TheNamec, @guest.r, Nesguy and other contributors who I will add as I find out more. I also intend to add a brief history of how and why I started to develop these shader presets.

So without further delay, I present to you:

CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack

Click the link below to download

CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack V1.1.0_08-09-22.zip 46

These presets REQUIRE THE LATEST matching HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader version in order to work. It can be downloaded at the following location."

HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

"THANKS TO THE SHADER WRITERS!

The Mega Bezel uses a number of shaders written by awesome shader writers from the community:

guest.r (Guest-Advanced crt shader) EasyMode CGCW (LCD Grid) DariusG (GDV Mini) Dogway (Grade Color Correction) Hyllian (For his groundbreaking work with XBR) aliaspider (GTU) Sp00kyFox (MDAPT & ScaleFX) Trogglemonkey (Royale 3D Curvature) Flyguy (Text Shadertoy) A special thanks to hunterk for porting a number of these and helping me with his expertise along the way!"

I wholeheartedly agree!

Yeah, I wasn’t looking for a long explanation of how you are already giving credit, I was asking you to think about how you are presenting your package, especially since you are promoting it widely with the numerous posts on reddit.

For example in the video that you linked to your stuff was mentioned multiple times as “Cyber shaders”. I know you didn’t make the video, but it indicates the idea someone might get based on your presentation of your package as sort of a product or brand.

It would be good to present them as what they are, Handcrafted settings using someone else’s shaders. Otherwise you leave the opportunity for the user who picks it up to assume they are more than they are.

This is the thing you know. I never presented nor represented my Shader Preset Pack as anything more or other than Shader Presets. While many of us here in these forums would know that there’s a clear distinction between Shaders and Shader Presets, some average Joe or general public/ mainstream users either can’t tell the difference, don’t read or don’t seem to care.

That’s an unfortunate misconception. The way I express and present myself to the world or online community is a reflection of my style. The way I organize my Shader Preset pack is again a reflection of who I am.

Are you suggesting that my presentation looks or seems too professional? Is there an issue with the styling of my filenames and the name of my shader preset pack itself?

I have done nothing to misrepresent what I share, which is a package of CRT Shader Presets not Shaders. Not all users and users who post YouTube Videos might know the difference but it’s also possible that many users actually do know the difference.

You are saying I’m “promoting”, I disagree, I generally respond to questions, posts or comments where I feel that the things I share might answer the questions asked by a poster or commenter or can be used as a solution, addition or enhancement to their experience or otherwise contribute to the discussion.

I took the time to make videos demonstrating some of my shader presets in action. This makes it easier for anyone to see and understand what I’m sharing without having to install anything.

Videos are also nice. It’s called being thoughtful and ingenious.

Anyone who has been following me and has a good memory should remember how difficult it became for me to give others an idea of how my presets look in person after I started using full strength masks and scanlines. Screenshots used to look really dark when scaled down. They looked much better in person. My presets also contained temporal effects which couldn’t be captured properly in and actually lowered the quality of screenshots.

I felt at the time that the best way to showcase or share my presets would be to make high quality videos and that was a great success.

I don’t only share links to my own work but also other shaders, shader presets and YouTube links showing what these things can do.

Is there an issue with being enthusiastic and excited about something and making it easier for others to access and understand that which has benefited oneself and giving them the opportunity to have a similar experience?

I thought that was one of the things the internet was about.

Many people ask about CRT Shaders and presets, if I happen to have some answers or an opinion are you suggesting that I don’t share it or share it differently each time when the same answer can be relevant many times often due to the similarity of questions?

This I have already done, continue to be doing and have never once done otherwise. One only has to read. It’s in bold right above my first download link.

This is how you might say something, I might say it differently. I think my wording is clear enough already and I have given credit to those whose hard work is also being showcased when people use my Shader preset pack.

It also seems unusual and almost punitive that I am being made to be held accountable for the actions of random strangers. Why all of a sudden? Was there a problem all along?

If you have any issue with YouTubers or any one else who does something which hurts, affects or offends then I suggest you take it up with those who have transgressed or erred.

This seems akin to blaming an emulator developer for software piracy.

I don’t agree that if I add the tagline "Handcrafted settings using someone else’s shaders it will make much of a difference when some users don’t even read past the first download link.

I will in my own way make further attempts to drive the point home that my role is only and merely that of one who creates presets for awesome shader programs created by others and have no hand in the programming, development and packaging of the shaders themselves who are the real stars of the show and are distinct from shader presets which are just the settings.

I will add though that to get to that place where CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack currently finds itself it also takes an eye and a vision. The strong feelings that are sometimes evoked in users are a direct result of me deciding that this should or shouldn’t look a particular way or this setting should be at 4.75 instead of at 5.

So the shaders are like an awesomely designed vehicle with the highest quality parts from the best parts manufacturers and designers.

Shader presets and their designers are like the drivers.

Users are like the passengers.

They say if you build it they will come.

You and others built something, I came and I learned how to use it and have essentially mastered it and made something using it that is reaching a wider audience.

Now I have built a package of my personal files which I also happen to make available to the public and users are coming as well.

I mean no offence to anyone but there are some great and beautiful works here which are hidden in obscurity or behind complex jargon and unwilling and sometimes unhelpful or unfriendly participants.

All I have done here is present things in a more user friendly, layman, casual, highly descriptive manner. This is a part of my vision of how I find hardware and software should be presented to users. Sometimes I like to take off my “nerd glasses” and take a look outside and see how “normal people” see and interact with the world and things. My presentation tries to be fun, friendly and quirky by design. It is not too serious or to be taken too seriously.

While the shaders might be seen as tools, the shader presets I create using those tools are definitely toys for all to enjoy and relive those nostalgic moments of a time when we might have felt truly happy, free and free of responsibility.

If that is a problem then I can’t help anyone here because that is just me.

I am not worried for HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader. CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack can never overshadow that because every user knows that you can’t use CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack without HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader (you know that actually has a nice, catchy ring to it too) and every user that visits both of our threads to download and follow will clearly be able to see the list of authors/programmers/developers/creators who’s blood sweat and tears made these magical experiences possible.

So I would like to focus on the positives, which is what good has come about when all of our works come together and the joy it can bring to users all over the world.

Look around and smile, this is a time for celebration not sadness or bitterness.

I think the difference between adding to a conversation and spam is based on frequency, relevancy to the conversation, and repetition. So for example pasting in the same page of links 6 times in the last 5 days (as you have, looking at your reddit recent history) seems like a lot. In these social forums pasting the same thing over and over is often going to feel heavy handed, not be appreciated and viewed as spam.

Obviously I’m not trying to tell you what to do, I’m just trying to communicate how this is received.

I think this sort of thing would help, especially when you introduce your package.

1 Like

It might appear this way if you don’t read the posts that I posted in response to and take things out of context. If you do then all of my replies would have been relevant to the posts. At the end of the day the perception does not bother me as much as the true intent and purpose. I have received much more positive feedback and appreciation for responding, sharing and introducing users and posters to stuff than negative.

If you also look deeper most of the answers to the questions I have answered go along the lines of CRT Royale is the best…e.t.c…e.t.c…what is so wrong about me suggesting that folks can also take a look at CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack or Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor or @Nesguy’s two shader preset threads if they are looking for some of the best or most accurate or even something new that they didn’t know existed? Or if they would like a video filter or shader that can make their PVM look more composite. My package provides the answers to that as well.

I don’t go around randomly posting the same thing to the same users or posts but if something I know about can assist or fit a question, I’m going to share what I honestly believe fits best. If the answer to 10 different questions about similar things happens to be able to be covered by the same or a similar answer or collection of links and resources then what’s wrong with that?

Are we still talking about giving credit and misrepresenting my Shader Preset pack or not presenting my shader preset pack in a manner that won’t confuse users or is this a general sort of reprimand taking place here?

Because this certainly has nothing to do with people calling CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack a collection of shaders instead of a collection of shader presets.

I think what’s more important is the true intent and result rather than the perception based on sweeping generalizations. I don’t really mind not conforming to the norm once I’m not breaking any rules.

When someone asks for certain recommendations or opinions for certain things in a public forum, I will always suggest what works for me, what I might use or what I think might also work for them.

If that answer is generally static and unchanging for the period in question then that’s the response I’ll give 10 out of 10 times. I’m not a robot, that’s for sure. I’m just a guy who’s learned how to save, copy and paste when he knows that a frequently asked question is going to have a more or less similar response each time.

What constitutes if it’s a valid contribution is not how similar, or often the information is used in response to different users, questions or posts but the essence and relevance of that information to the topic at hand and even that is subject to opinion to a large extent.

In life you can’t please everyone. Some will like you some won’t. Some will like the things you do and the manner in which you do them while others will not.

I appreciate your perspective as a senior member around here, but I am also senior in certain ways in that I’ve been here for a while and around different scenes, the internet e.t.c.

I’m happy with me and I’m cool being different. If there’s a problem or issue and there are consequences, I’ll deal with them as they come and take full responsibility for my actions but never for the actions or inactions of others. That’s solely on them.

1 Like