Collection are organized in out-of-the-box thematic packs:
- Mega Bezel Commodore Pack focuses on famous Commodore hardware, including Amiga, Monitors and soon to come Commodore 64 and Vic 20
- Mega Bezel CRT experience simulates “holy grail” professional monitors selected by the r/crtgaming community for top quality pixel-art retrogaming currently under development.
Mega Bezel Commodore Pack - RC 2
Download it while it’s still hot on the Official DevBlog
- RetroArch v1.9.8 with aspect ratio set to ‘full’
- HSM_Bezel_Reflection_V 0.9.023_2021-09-11 (mirror link courtesy by Neofuuma)
Warning: as we’re working towards the first stable point release of the Mega Bezel Reflection Shader, Commodore Pack RC2 is temporarly not compatible with HSM Bezel Reflection latest updates.
Please use the mirror link to download a safe compatible version. This will be fixed on next release.
- Vector-based original illustrations rendered at 300dpi
- Bicubic sharper resampling from 300dpi to 72dpi for crispy, super-sampling anti-aliased visuals
- 16:9 aspect ratio, horizontal, optimized for 1080p and 4k resolutions
- Adaptive support for horizontal ultrawide displays
- Photorealistic-like hand drawn shading
- Historically based details taken from actual hardware, advertising and manuals
- Remixed familiar elements (ever dreamt about integrated data units?)
- Perceptive dis-proportion between elements and fan-based branding
- Retro-modding original alternative designs
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
Included in current public Release Candidate 2 (October 2nd, 2021):
- Commodore Amiga series: A500, A500 Plus, A600, A600HD, A1200, A1200Synth, Amiga CD32
- Floppy/Disk drives: A1010, multi-floppy data simulator inspired by GoTek devices
Datassette: 1530 C2N, 1530-B C2N, 1531, DC-120coming soon
Commodore VIC20/VC20 series: Golden Label, MarkII, Mark3, VIC-1001 Japancoming soon
Commodore 64 series: Silver Label, Breadbin, G Series, ALDI, DreanCommcoming soon
Commodore 264 Series: Commodore16coming soon
MODULAR AND SCALABLE DISPLAYS
You can choose your preferred display from an array of fully modelled classic monitors including:
- Classic Monitors: C1080, C1201 Monochrome, C1702, C1902, C1084, C1084S-D1, C1084S-D2 CDTV Black Edition
- CRT TVs: Bezeltron-001 (Philips 21PT3326-V7)
- Procedural Mega Bezels: Cream, Beige, Darkgray, Black
You can dynamically customize the level of display zoom at any time via a single parameter, textures layers logic will automatically take care of resizing for the best experience and easiness of use.
TheNamec Mega Bezel Commodore Pack comes with different zero-config presets for you to comfortably enjoy the best framing:
ZOOM DISPLAY VIEWis a fine-tuned sweet spot between gaming area and a zoomed-in display, the ideal solution for gaming
MEGA BEZEL VIEWmaximizes gameplay area by hiding display borders and generating real-time bezels and frame
FULL DISPLAY VIEWshows the entire monitor/TV, resulting in a beautiful retro-scenery with a smaller gaming area
Let your retrogames shine! Day lightning makes you enjoy a full lit room showing all accurately rebuilt graphics details.
If you prefer to turn off the lights, Night lightning is easier on your eyes as it simulates a soft, warm lit room full with LEDs lightning from your retrogaming systems.
System presets come with day and night variants for each display out-of-the-box so you can instantly choose the best solution with zero configuration.
Each display comes with it’s own lightning and LEDs layer for a realistic experience fine tuned for both day and night lightning.
Some special “visual mods” are included to enhance retrogaming experience:
DATASSETTE LIGHTBULBnothing is better than an old incandescence bulb that enlightens audiocassette game compilation
EMBEDDED DATA DEVICEfloppy disk drives and datassette are embedded in the chassis for a compact, vintage flavor
AMIGA 1200SYNTHis an original concept for an advanced Synthwave Amiga, equipped with a dark chassis, backlit keyboard, embedded multi-floppy data simulator and optical disk drive. A little cyber, a little punk.
AMIGA 1200SYNTH will soon be also available as a FS-UAE emulator theme, sporting advanced features: blinking LED indicators, functional multi-floppy data simulator, disk presence switches, disk track display, disk access notification, audio indicator and basic curvature and scanlines postprocessing effects. For more info visit https://github.com/TheNamec/fsuae-amiga-themes
THANKS GO TO…
- My father Rocco, for introducing me in Commodore computers gaming at the age of four
- My girlfriend Sabrina for supporting me in doing something funny, just for fun sake
- HyperSpaceMadness for his impressive shader and friendly support
- Duimon for the inspiration and for setting excellent design quality standards