New 4K Bezel Overlays

I’ve been working on 4K bezel overlays for my own personal setup and recently started sharing them for others to use. I hope folks find them useful and enjoy my work. My style is less focused on realism than the wonderful work done by Orion’s Angel and John Merritt and more about a clean simple, colorful presentation.

I also do enjoy coming up with my own designs for games which had no or limited cabinet graphics when the game originally came out but try to stick to the original look and feel of the games, pulling design themes from advertisements, posters etc as much as possible.

I’ve got a dropbox link set up right now with all the overlays with retroarch.cfg files. If anyone has suggestions for improving how I distribute these, please let me know! I’m also very open to constructive criticism and suggestions to improve my work so please be open with any suggestions as well.

Some of my older work needs to be redone, as I’ve learned as I’ve gone on this. So I will share some of my most recent overlays here.

Here is the dropbox link:

4K Overlays

3 Likes

Mortal Kombat II

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Deathsmiles

Gigawing

Blazing Star

1 Like

Darkstalkers

Mortal Kombat

2 Likes

Samurai Shodown

Metal Slug

Mars Matrix

King of Fighters 98

X-Men - Children of the Atom

DoDonPachi

R-Type

Street Fighter Alpha 3

Armored Warriors

Galaga 88

Black Tiger

4 Likes

These are so good! Thank you for sharing your work!

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you like them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those are awesome! Great job!

1 Like

Thank you! Also, thanks for all your great work and contributions to the community. You helped inspire me to get into this too.

2 Likes

Someone inspired me to get into this as well. Glad I can do the same for someone else.

1 Like

New overlays for Samurai Shodown 2/3/5.

1 Like

Added Marvel Super Heroes

2 Likes

Ghouls and Ghosts with original bezel artwork

1 Like

@ArsInvictus These look great!

If this continues I’m going to have to alternate by clicking on the heart icon with my tumbs now that you and @Orionsangel are creating such great bezels!

1 Like

Thanks @Rion for the encouragement! I’m glad you like them!

1 Like

SmashTV

Thanks to @Orionsangel for assistance with this one.

2 Likes

Nice job! I’m glad I could help.

1 Like

U.N. Squadron. I cleaned up the bezel scan quite a bit. It’s not perfect, but much better than where it started.

EDIT: I’ve cleaned up the bezel more and updated the overlay

3 Likes

Cool! It sucks though that the only available version of this overlay is cut off at the top.

1 Like

I know. This was actually a pretty popular game too. Sometimes I feel like an archaeologist digging for these old materials but it was just the 80’s and 90’s. It’s too bad more people back then didn’t recognize how big a part of our culture the arcades had become and put more effort into preserving the art and marketing materials.

I feel the same way. Exploring ancient ruins. That’s part of the fun. Yeah, the mid 90’s is when they stopped using artwork overlays in Arcade cabs. They mostly used instruction cards for the moves list. Since so many games were fighting games back then.