CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

Once you update your Slang Shaders using the Online Updater, the Xbr folder should be created in a subfolder called ‘edge-smoothing’.

You needn’t worry about that though as the Preset Pack has now been updated to take in consideration the new locations.

I tested the presets on a freshly downloaded Shaders_Slang folder and all seems to be well now.

My apologies to any users who may have been inconvenienced by this.

@willianholtz, @BiRaitBec try my latest release 21-08-23.

Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Ohh that’s cool… I’ll post the result here later. Thanks!

1 Like

@Cyber It’s 100% functional! Now yes, no errors! THANX!!!

1 Like

You’re most welcome!

Do enjoy and check back regularly for updates. Now that everything is up and running properly, I’m going to be in fine tuning mode and I sometimes just refresh the release after making very minor updates instead of creating an entire new release. Therefore v21-08-23 might only be the final version for that day on the 22-08-23.

You can setup some notifications on GitHub and the first post in this thread.

Don’t forget to post some screenshots!

1 Like

Cool, I’ll bookmark your repo on github!

One question, can your version of crt-royale be used like the other bezels, say, with a TV frame around it?

That way:

I ask this because I haven’t seen anything so far that could use crt-royale with the surrounding frames.

You know I have an entire shader preset pack dedicated to Mega Bezel, right? That’s the easiest way to have similar presets as my CRT-Royale preset pack with bezels and overlays. I recently explained to someone how any of my CRT Shader presets in my Mega Bezel Pack can be combined with almost any Graphics Preset.

If you look in my Mega Bezel Preset Pack in either my CyberLab Special Edition Folder or my Soqueroeu-TV Special Edition Folder you’ll see examples of my presets being used with various overlays.

In the CyberLab Special Edition Folder you can take any of the presets, which currently include my background graphics, change the line that points to my Background graphics to a second #reference line that points to some other Graphics Preset in *.params format and voilá - My CRT Shader Presets with other projects graphics.

I know I did a detailed explanation recently but I can’t remember where I posted it. Lol.

It’s a lot easier than you might think.

I think my CyberLab CyberTron Neo-GX Smooth Ultra presets should be fairly close to my current CRT-Royale presets but my Shadow Mask presets are easier to get brighter. I have made attempts to normalize the brightness though.

I’ve seen something called CRT-Maximus-Royale which appears to have a reflective bezel. Not sure what else can be done with it though.

There are so many bezels and shaders packages that I don’t even know which folder these are in haha Can you send me the package link?

I suggest you start by reading the first post in this thread. Links to other Mega Bezel Packs can be found in the first post of the Mega Bezel Reflection Shader thread.

You really have to take this one step at a time so you don’t get overwhelmed.

Potential Spoiler Alert
1 Like

Tap on image then zoom in for best viewing. Desktop users, right click then Open in New Tab, then press F11 for FullScreen. Non 4K users, zoom in until it looks correct.

CyberLab CRT-Royale 4K Genesis - CyberLab Blargg NTSC Filter Recommended.slangp + Blargg_NTSC_Genesis_RF_CyberLab_Special_Edition_III.filt

Tap on image then zoom in for best viewing. Desktop users, right click then Open in New Tab, then press F11 for FullScreen. Non 4K users, zoom in until it looks correct.

CyberLab CRT-Royale 4K Genesis Fine - CyberLab Blargg NTSC Filter Recommended.slangp + Blargg_NTSC_Genesis_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition_III.filt

CyberLab CRT-Royale 4K NES_N64_Saturn Sharp Fine - Core Blargg NTSC Filter Recommended.slangp + Core Blargg NTSC Composite Video Filter

CyberLab CRT-Royale 4K NES_N64_Saturn Sharp - Core Blargg NTSC Filter Recommended.slangp + Core Blargg NTSC Composite Video Filter

CyberLab CRT-Royale 4K N64_Saturn Fine.slangp

CyberLab CRT-Royale 4K N64_Saturn.slangp

CyberLab CRT-Royale 4K NES_N64_Saturn Sharp Fine - Core Blargg NTSC Filter Recommended.slangp

CyberLab CRT-Royale 4K NES_N64_Saturn Sharp - Core Blargg NTSC Filter Recommended.slangp

Just took these off my OLED screen using my phone camera.

In person the colours glow naturally a lot more and they’re a bit more saturated.

Be sure to brighten your device when viewing in order to recreate the glow.

CyberLab Megatron 4K HDR Game SNES Composite

The shaders used are Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor and the updated NTSC portion of CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC.

It’s really difficult to capture the fullness and awesomeness of this shader combo. Give it a try yourself especially if you have an HDR display.

1 Like

i cant seem to find a difference between n64 saturn fine and nes n64 saturn sharp fine + blargg filter, can you confirm it is not the same pic?

Thanks they look great.

Just for you I double checked my presets and I retook two screenshots using both of them.

CyberLab CRT-Royale 4K NES_N64_Saturn Sharp Fine - Core Blargg NTSC Filter Recommended.slangp

You’re welcome and thanks.

One preset includes the Super-XBR shader while the other does not. The similarities could be due to the diminishing effect of smoothing shaders as resolution increases or it could be due to the relatively higher TVL, which leads to more blending of the edges thus reducing any aliasing to the point where it’s already too smooth to notice a difference when Super-XBR is applied.

Another factor could be that the amount of shading and colour blending (melding) employed in the art style of the game lends well to minimizing aliasing.

These are my newest presets and I’m not too familiar with emulating Sega Saturn games but this can also be seen when looking at many Turbo Duo games. The filtering effect isn’t as strong as on SNES games or NES games.

I’m going to double check the same presets on another system.

1 Like

Hi Cyber, I love your amazing present, now I’m using the MBZ__0__Smooth-Advance_No_Reflections present, but I can’t run it full speed on my laptop on 1080p, is there any solution? Following are some information on my system: |CPU|Intel® Core™ i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz| |GPU|NVIDIA GeForce MX150| |RAM|8.00 GB| |OS|Windows 10 professional|

1 Like

Greetings @hz3353783, thanks a lot.

That’s what the other MBZ folders are for. The higher the number, the lower the performance requirements. So if MBZ__0 runs too slowly for you, then step down to MBZ__1 and so on all the way down to the MBZ__5__POTATO_No_Reflections presets.

If you’re getting close to 60fps but not quite, you can try tuning off Noise in Shader Parameters and make sure that Curvature is completely disabled as well.

Alternatively, you can use my CyberLab CRT-Royale Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack.

Wow, thanks, CRT-Royale Preset is the way I go :grin:

1 Like

For those who want to experience the future of CRT Shader Software Technology Right Now!

Click the link below to download

CyberLab Megatron Death To Pixels 4K HDR Shader Preset Pack

You have to follow the Sony Megatron Colour Video Monitor Setup Instructions properly for these presets to look as intended.

Please see instructions in RetroArch under ‘Quick Menu->Shaders->Shader Parameters’

See here for further info:

CyberLab Megatron 4K HDR Game SNES Composite.slangp

3 Likes

Hey Cyber, I’m confused about the Peak Luminance and Paper white Luminance under shader parameters, the default is

Peak Luminance: 630 Paper white Luminance: 1010

I’m no expert but I have an LG G2 and google says the Peak Luminance is 1000 and Paper white Luminance is 200-300. Why are these numbers so different from the default, am I jsut misunderstanding.

Thanks

1 Like

This is what works for my TV. They aren’t the Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor defaults though.

According to the setup instructions on the Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor thread, you’re supposed to look up your TV’s Peak Luminance from RTINGS. I added the part about other sources in the readme if you don’t find the information there.

Then once you set your Peak Luminance, you can adjust your Paperwhite Luminance to what looks best to you according to the Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor setup instructions.

Once you do this correctly, you can save a new Core, Game or Directory Preset so you don’t have to do it everytime you load that Core, Game or a game from that Directory.

All TVs are not the same especially when it comes to brightness potential so there isn’t a one size fits all solution when it comes to Peak Luminance and Paperwhite Luminance settings. They are specific to the model TV that you’re using and need to be adjusted by the user.

You’re welcome.

Since you’re seeing presets with Paperwhite settings of 1010, you should probably redownload the pack as I’ve done a couple stealth updates since the initial upload.

You can also update your Slang Shaders using the Online Updater since there have been significant changes to the Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor shader itself in the past couple of weeks.

Do remember that this is just the beginning and this is a new approach to doing things. If you stick with it, you’ll get the hang of it soon enough.

It only took me a couple years to finally get this shader working properly on my personal TV after trying a few times and getting less than stellar results.

So feel free to adjust the settings to suit your TV then of course do get back to me whether or not you make any progress.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m confused with what rtings says, there are many peak settings, which one do I use.

Peak 2% Window 976 cd/m²

Peak 10% Window 950 cd/m²

Peak 25% Window 387 cd/m²

Peak 50% Window 269 cd/m²

Peak 100% Window 177 cd/m²

Sustained 2% Window 838 cd/m²

Sustained 10% Window 867 cd/m²

Sustained 25% Window 357 cd/m²

Sustained 50% Window 256 cd/m²

Sustained 100% Window 169 cd/m²

i’ve been trying to get secret of evermore to look right, before the game gets to the title screen there’s a really dark scene and I can never get it to look right, I set the peak brightness to 900 and the white to 200 and it’s almost a black screen lol.

I’ll update everything too