This thread is about the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection shader, so you can tell me what’s working for you and what could be better
The shader is in an in-progress alpha/beta state, and there are still some changes to come including optimization!
Try playing with the shader parameters to tweak the look, as most things are adjustable for personal taste.
These CRT Shaders currently integrated:
- LCD Grid V2
The shader has screen scaling built into a version of the CRT shader then does a bunch of things after the CRT pass
Scaling & Screen Management:
- Scale the tube/screen to be the size you want on the monitor, including adjustable integer scale
- Automatic switching between horizontal and vertical aspect ratio for vertical games
- Scanline direction automatically driven in Guest-Dr-Venom
- Integer scale on 1 or 2 axes
- Crop the edges of the core image to get rid of ugly bits which were never meant to be seen
- Generates black ring, bezel and frame with shading around the tube area
- Dynamic mirror blurred reflections on top of the bezel from the CRT image
- Fading out and blurring of the reflected image as it moves away from the screen and towards the corners
- Sharp reflections in the corners
- Secondary diffused reflection/glow which can affect farther away from the image on the tube
- Noise in the reflection & generated bezel
- Optional background image under the reflection
- Tube Glass Image
- Background and border images can automatically scale with the tube allowing the images to be used with different tube scale and monitor aspect ratio.
- Screen distortion either 2D or 3D geometric projection from Royale
- Glass Border version which shows a blurred version of the screen outside of the screen without any Bezel
- Background and Tube Vignette
Here’s a link to the package
Set your video driver to Vulcan or GLCore
Set your video aspect ratio to your monitor resolution and set integer scale to OFF
- If you have previous versions of the Mega Bezel installed:
- Delete shaders/shaders_slang/crt/shaders/HyperspaceMadness
- Delete all hsm presets from shaders/shaders_slang/crt
- Inside the .zip is a shaders folder, drop this shaders folder directly over your existing one and everything will go into the right place
- Set video driver to Vulcan or GLCore
- Set video aspect ratio to your monitor resolution and set integer scale to OFF
- Load a preset in the shaders menu, mega bezel shaders are found in shaders_slang/crt
If you want to follow the raw bleeding edge of development or want an older version you can take a look at my git repo:
Thanks to Guest and Easymode & Trogglemonkey for use of their awesome shaders!
And a big thanks to @hunterk who helped me with his expertise along the way!