This thread is about the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection shader, so you can tell me what’s working for you and what could be better
The shader is in an in-progress alpha/beta state, and there are still some changes to come including optimization!
Try playing with the shader parameters to tweak the look, as most things are adjustable for personal taste.
These CRT Shaders currently integrated:
- LCD Grid V2
General scaling stuff:
- Scale the tube/screen to be the size you want on the monitor, including adjustable integer scale
- Automatic switching between horizontal and vertical aspect ratio for vertical games
- Scanline direction automatically driven
- Horizontal integer scale for use with vertical scanlines
- Crop the edges of the core image to get rid of ugly bits which were never meant to be seen
Bezel Reflection Stuff:
- Generates black ring, bezel and frame with shading around the tube area
- Dynamic mirror blurred reflections on top of the bezel from the crt image
- Fading out and blurring of the reflected image as it moves away from the screen and towards the corners
- Sharp reflections in the corners
- Secondary diffused reflection/glow which can affect farther away from the image on the tube
- Noise in the reflection & generated bezel
- Optional bezel image under the reflection
- Bezel and border images can automatically scale with the tube allowing the images to be used with different tube scale and monitor aspect ratio.
I’ve separated out the scaling into an include file hsm-mega-screen-scale.h which defines user parameters and can be used by the shaders in the chain which need to match scale including:
- CRT Shader
- Bezel Scale
- Scaling of Reflection
Thanks to Guest and Easymode for use of their awesome shaders!
Here’s a link to the package
You should to set your video aspect ratio to your monitor resolution and set integer scale to OFF
I also wanted to add a big thanks to @hunterk who helped me with his expertise along the way!